OKLAHOMA

Oklahoma is nearing 19,000 threads and is the largest posting state that hasn't been broken out. It dwarfs some states that do have breakouts like Nevada, Florida, California and Pennsylvania. The Hobbying experience is different between Oklahoma City and Tulsa. MPs are a huge topic in Tulsa and are very insignificant in OKC.
+1
I live on the border of the Indian nation, play poker and hobby in Tulsa. The menu is vast and competition keeps the prices good!
Seperate Forums for OKC and Tulsa would be a huge benefit to the Hobbyist!!! The MP is scene is Huge in Tulsa! This will also Help Providers when touring our cities for their Ads!!
Tulsa and OKC are so different in their hobbying. Most of us have no idea what the Tulsa guys are talking about when they start on the MPs. Also I bet I have more threads and posts than the entire state of Florida.
agreed
I don't live in Oklahoma but do most of my hobbing in OKC and Tulsa I'm with all the above
So, there is Tulsa - OKC - and the Connecticut section....that should just about cover it!!!
I agree that there should be some breakout, but I would hate to see two completely separate forums for Oklahoma. There is a community of communication between OKC & Tulsa that would be lost if that happens.

If possible I would rather see greater breakout of Sub-Forums in a manner that makes since to service both OKC & Tulsa.
+1 gtkp1963. Hobbyists in Oklahoma, especially newer forum participants (I HATE the term "Newbie") often seem confused by posts which do not specify OKC or Tulsa, especially regarding provider posts. That said, there is a high degree of Hobbyist camaraderie between the two cities, and a complete separation of the Oklahoma Forum into two separate Forums would seriously diminish that bond.
I cast my vote for separate Tulsa and OKC sub forums as well !
After thinking on this for the last couple of weeks. I have to agree. Seperate Tulsa and OKC. Everyone can still look at the other, if they wish to see whats going on.
Im not from Oklahoma but I agree it needs to be broken down to at least OKC and Tulsa and maybe a third as other areas.
There are too many quality providers come from Oklahoma not to give them their own sections while they are home
I agree that there should be some breakout, but I would hate to see two completely separate forums for Oklahoma. There is a community of communication between OKC & Tulsa that would be lost if that happens.

If possible I would rather see greater breakout of Sub-Forums in a manner that makes since to service both OKC & Tulsa. Originally Posted by gtkp1963
OK, After actually spending a little more time on here over the past couple weeks and giving this a little more greater thought... Yes, split OK up completely into two separate forums.

RedDirt and GreenCountry would be just fine by me.

GTKP
  • PSD
  • 02-21-2013, 04:23 PM
You hit the nail on the head, GT....If they would just breakout the provider ads, it would be helpful, but I too would hate to lose our sense of comraderie with the OKC folks...

If possible I would rather see greater breakout of Sub-Forums in a manner that makes since to service both OKC & Tulsa. Originally Posted by gtkp1963