Cancellations

We usually here of NCNS from the guys perspective, but a recent thread brought both sides of the equation into focus. Ladies, how frequent are cancellations I have never cancelled and never had an official NCNS. In the case that brought this to light happened when a guy had to cancel because of family matters, and the lady involved had everybody cancel on her during a visit.
It's always the ole "I got called out to work" which really means, "I saw a cheaper provider before you got here." I simply don't book again with anyone who cancels unless he is a friend I know from the boards. If they can't give me a cancellation fee that will be deducted when we do actually meet (which they always show up for lol), then he is not worth my time.
In two years of working, I'm a very happy to say that I have never experienced an NCNS.
I'm sure I'll go nuts the day I do.

I've had guys cancel but 90% of the time , they reschedule.
Seems to be the trade mark of both new hobbyists and providers a like!
I think if either gives a 24 hour notice of cancellation then its ok. It's the 30 minute ones that piss both sides off
NCNS and cancellation or reschedule are TOTALLY different!
I've never had a no show. Seldomly get a cancellation. All were valid excuses.
I've had one last minute cancellation and it didn't bother me at all. As long as there is a coutresy call it doesn't matter to me. I think it's silly to get pissed off things like that. Let it slide.
I've had one last minute cancellation and it didn't bother me at all. As long as there is a coutresy call it doesn't matter to me. I think it's silly to get pissed off things like that. Let it slide. Originally Posted by Shayla
I would probably show up early for you Shayla. lol
I've had one last minute cancellation and it didn't bother me at all. As long as there is a coutresy call it doesn't matter to me. I think it's silly to get pissed off things like that. Let it slide. Originally Posted by Shayla

Which one do you think gets more cancellations Shayla? LOL
For touring providers spending 3 a night on a hotel plus airfare, it gets to be not only annoying but rather disrespectful. Most guys who cancel are full of crap...not all, but most. If they don't know their schedule or they DO know it's demanding, don't book with a touring provider spending a ton of money to be there. We can't exactly "reschedule" next week, and odds are we turned away other clients who also have a schedule that prevents them from being able to see us at that time.

I have about 8 days a month to work in this business..that's it. If I don't make it then, I don't make it period.

SL, loved her in "Chloe."
I think if either gives a 24 hour notice of cancellation then its ok. It's the 30 minute ones that piss both sides off Originally Posted by burkalini
I think 24 hours is a bit generous. That's a whole day out from the appt. I think a more practical and reasonable time frame to give cancellation notice is a couple of hours before. There have been times when I've set up an appointment days in advance and re-confirmed the day before, but something happened over night to change things. People get sick. Emergencies pop up over night. Life happens. On this occasion, I had a family member get sick over night and I had to care for them. I didn't know until 7am the morning of the appointment which was at 10am. I called at 7:30 to let her know of my situation. That sucked b/c we had been planning on meeting for several months. Just a few weeks after this, she got out of the hobby.
For touring providers spending 3 a night on a hotel plus airfare, it gets to be not only annoying but rather disrespectful. Most guys who cancel are full of crap...not all, but most. If they don't know their schedule or they DO know it's demanding, don't book with a touring provider spending a ton of money to be there. We can't exactly "reschedule" next week, and odds are we turned away other clients who also have a schedule that prevents them from being able to see us at that time.

I have about 8 days a month to work in this business..that's it. If I don't make it then, I don't make it period.

SL, loved her in "Chloe." Originally Posted by London Rayne
That's fair. I can see how it would be irritating but some of them doing it have legit reasons. If they're just doing it to be assholes and screw up your money then that's rude and eventually it will hurt their reputation.
I plan for the worst, I guess. When I travel, I treat it like a vacation. If I make money, great. If I don't, well at least I had fun!
That's fair. I can see how it would be irritating but some of them doing it have legit reasons. If they're just doing it to be assholes and screw up your money then that's rude and eventually it will hurt their reputation.
I plan for the worst, I guess. When I travel, I treat it like a vacation. If I make money, great. If I don't, well at least I had fun! Originally Posted by Shayla
Letters to Juliet & Dear John
Letters to Juliet & Dear John Originally Posted by Still Looking
Hated both of those! Chloe was at least about hookers!
Hated both of those! Chloe was at least about hookers! Originally Posted by London Rayne
REALLY?