local celebrities

the Austin att uverse tv commercial has several well known austinites in it. i spotted louis black the editor of the chronicle and harry knowles the film reviewer. there are a lot of other familiar faces i can't place, does anyone know who else is in the commercial?
the Austin att uverse tv commercial has several well known austinites in it. i spotted louis black the editor of the chronicle and harry knowles the film reviewer. there are a lot of other familiar faces i can't place, does anyone know who else is in the commercial? Originally Posted by sue_nami
I've been trying to find a list anywhere. In particular, I should know the white-haired guy, but can't place him to save my life. Same with the woman with whom he shares his popcorn.

Now as for the service itself? ATT can suck my left one. Despite being in an area where service is offered all around me, I expect my hood to get upgraded sometime after the next nuclear war.
Yes I know those two as well.... Bugs the crap outa me I can't figure it out or find a list. Oh and I am Grande fan myself, I view AT&T as the enemy too!
Thet white haired feller is mah gud ol' buddy Dale Watson, muthafukkahs!
Attached Images File Type: jpg dalewatson_cradle.jpg (27.9 KB, 250 views)
I want to be dale when I grow up ... but I would settle for dating one of the 25 year olds cast off
As opposed to all those altruistic broadband providers run by bleeding hearts?

I no more hate AT&T than I hate bad weather. It's simply a product of its climate. IJS.
yea I knew Dale of course, I see lots of local music and Dale!
Robert Earl Keen is another
Yes I know those two as well.... Bugs the crap outa me I can't figure it out or find a list. Oh and I am Grande fan myself, I view AT&T as the enemy too! Originally Posted by sue_nami
Grande is on my shit list too. They ran their main trunk past my neighborhood well over a decade ago, but they still can't get it to my house. Probably no morre than a 2-3 block run. They only get a slight pass, because I know it's not totally their fault. Their contract with the city won't allow them in my neighborhood yet. Not enough poor folk have signed up.
As opposed to all those altruistic broadband providers run by bleeding hearts?

I no more hate AT&T than I hate bad weather. It's simply a product of its climate. IJS. Originally Posted by Centaur
I have been trying to wean myself off the teat of TimeWarner for over almost 20 years, but it's just not happening. None of the other hard-line providers will serve my neighborhood, and the satellite guys aren't feasible. We have a competitive telecommunications market my ass!

Or maybe I should say I've been trying to wean TW off my teat. That's probably the more apt analogy.
I have been trying to wean myself off the teat of TimeWarner for over almost 20 years, but it's just not happening. None of the other hard-line providers will serve my neighborhood, and the satellite guys aren't feasible. We have a competitive telecommunications market my ass!

Or maybe I should say I've been trying to wean TW off my teat. That's probably the more apt analogy. Originally Posted by FoulRon
unfortunately, when it comes to cable/internet service we are pretty victims of geography. I know I dread the day I move out of a Grande area.