Trump Card

The Donald doesn't fly in a POS Lear. He has a custom 727.

TRUMP is in 23K gold. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I kinda suspected that a Lear might be "beneath" him.
I'm always amused when people talk about experiences that could qualify someone to do such a unique job. Theoretically, the president is the chief law enforcement officer and CNC of the armed forces. But I don't remember any cops ever running, and damned few generals.

I also think it is a mistake to compare the office of POTUS to that of a CEO in business. The government should not be a business. I also don't think electing a POTUS with any agenda other than sticking to the letter of the Constitution is a good idea. Originally Posted by Iaintliein
I couldn't agree more. I emphatically do not think government should be run as a business. It needs to be run fiscally responsibly, but government has a fiduciary responsibility to the citizens that goes far beyond fiduciary responsibility to shareholders.

I do not think he has a chance, and I do not think he should run. Like someone said, he's not serious mainly because there's no way he'd put his holdings in a blind trust. All he'll be doing is muddying the waters.

The Republicans need to think long and hard who they want to run. We are in three foreign wars in places that serve no purpose to us and our economic "recovery", if there ever was one, is back sliding again. We need someone that is capable and willing to lead the country not sit in the Oval Office. Trump isn't it in my opinion.
I couldn't agree more. I emphatically do not think government should be run as a business. It needs to be run fiscally responsibly, but government has a fiduciary responsibility to the citizens that goes far beyond fiduciary responsibility to shareholders.

I do not think he has a chance, and I do not think he should run. Like someone said, he's not serious mainly because there's no way he'd put his holdings in a blind trust. All he'll be doing is muddying the waters.

The Republicans need to think long and hard who they want to run. We are in three foreign wars in places that serve no purpose to us and our economic "recovery", if there ever was one, is back sliding again. We need someone that is capable and willing to lead the country not sit in the Oval Office. Trump isn't it in my opinion. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Others have said this, but OH's was the closest to quote.

The attraction of a "CEO-type" as POTUS isn't to run the Country as a business in the sense of ruthlessly driving profits or creating shareholder value but it is the skill-set:

Leading/Hiring People
Managing Vast, Complex Organizations
Delegating Responsibility
Focusing on Priorities/Portfolio Management
Holding People Accountable

Regardless of ideology, one thing most of us will agree on is the role of "Community Organizer" in no way prepared our current POTUS for the complexity of the job or the executive skills necessary.
It's impossible for anyone to know or speculate about what he would do as president.......it would be naive to assume that the image he puts forth is accurate.....I don't even know if he's a good business man....I wouldn't confuse access to capital with business smarts...... Originally Posted by Marshall
Here is his first act as POTUS ... decorate white house with Trump Stamp

Lina
Here is his first act as POTUS ... decorate white house with Trump Stamp

Lina Originally Posted by Sensual Lina
The Cabinet would be made up Apprentice members and be run as a reality show.
You know, thats not a bad idea -- publicly firing Cabinet Secretaries who fuck up.
Others have said this, but OH's was the closest to quote.

The attraction of a "CEO-type" as POTUS isn't to run the Country as a business in the sense of ruthlessly driving profits or creating shareholder value but it is the skill-set:

Leading/Hiring People
Managing Vast, Complex Organizations
Delegating Responsibility
Focusing on Priorities/Portfolio Management
Holding People Accountable Originally Posted by atlcomedy
I agree with everything you said as hiring criteria. Where I differ with you is in execution. For example, we had a mayor - who will be running for POTUS someday - that decided to enact an ordinance based upon traffic management science. If a car was on the shoulder for more than, I think it was three minutes thou it could have been five or so minutes, then theoretically it would start to exponentially build traffic. His solution that he mandated through city ordanance was to have the cars towed even if the owner was changing a tire at the time. The citizen would then have to pay $100 or so dollars to get their car out of hock. What if the person being towed was poor? What if they were unemployed? What if they were the working poor? What if??? Because it was so unfair to the working classes, the ordinance went from business-esk enforcement to governmental-esk enforcement: The city began to pay for the towing of the disabled vehicles off of the freeway and to the nearest safe place. That's the difference. It's subtle, but it's there.

Regardless of ideology, one thing most of us will agree on is the role of "Community Organizer" in no way prepared our current POTUS for the complexity of the job or the executive skills necessary. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Yes. Amen. You're right. You got it. Hope everyone else does too. My bitch is that as a Community Organizer;, a law professor for less than a year; and a senator that wrote, I believe, three books in his six months as a legislature before he became a candidate in no way prepared him to do anything let alone make an informed decision that benefits the nation. Thus far he has been decisionless.
BO has united the country:
  • The left hate him because he is too conservative
  • The right hate him because he too liberal
  • The libertarians hate him because he is too much of big government
  • And the Tea Party wingnuts hate him on principle
  • Doove
  • 04-04-2011, 04:04 AM
People here wouldn't know a good president if one bit 'em in the ass.
This one did "bite us in the ass" and he isn't a good president.
Attached Images File Type: jpg welcome_back_carter_t-shirt-4-3-11.jpg (20.8 KB, 104 views)
People here wouldn't know a good president if one bit 'em in the ass. Originally Posted by Doove
Is there such a thing?

I mean really, we all differ in what we think makes a "good" president, no one is ever going to agree 100%...

So I have to ask (everyone)... all labels aside (conservative, liberal, indy), what are the 3 most important things you look for in a leader?
  • Doove
  • 04-04-2011, 02:10 PM
This one did "bite us in the ass" and he isn't a good president. Originally Posted by pjorourke
The Dow's up over 50%. 50%! A worsening recession was halted, the economy has now clearly turned the corner, companies are starting to hire again, he passed health care reform, saved one of the remaining linchpins in the manufacturing sector, corporate profits are sky high, and (i'll use this only because it was one of the main arguments i heard for 7 years from people telling me how great Bush was) he's kept us safe.

If this all came during a Republican administration, i can only imagine you all tripping over yourselves to tell me how great the guy is. So spare me your inane opinion, because while he may not be Abe Lincoln or FDR, he's a hell of a lot better than you'll ever admit to no matter what he does.

I'm guessing there's a pretty good reason the only names being mentioned to run against him are a bunch of batty clowns who couldn't run a shoe store.
The Dow's up over 50%. 50%! A worsening recession was halted, the economy has now clearly turned the corner, companies are starting to hire again, he passed health care reform, saved one of the remaining linchpins in the manufacturing sector, corporate profits are sky high, and (i'll use this only because it was one of the main arguments i heard for 7 years from people telling me how great Bush was) he's kept us safe.

If this all came during a Republican administration, i can only imagine you all tripping over yourselves to tell me how great the guy is. So spare me your inane opinion, because while he may not be Abe Lincoln or FDR, he's a hell of a lot better than you'll ever admit to no matter what he does.

I'm guessing there's a pretty good reason the only names being mentioned to run against him are a bunch of batty clowns who couldn't run a shoe store. Originally Posted by Doove
Can we save this for April 2012?
1) The Dow's up over 50%. 50%!
2) A worsening recession was halted,
3) the economy has now clearly turned the corner, companies are starting to hire again,
4) he passed health care reform,
5) saved one of the remaining linchpins in the manufacturing sector,
6) corporate profits are sky high, and
7) he's kept us safe. Originally Posted by Doove
1) You pick a low enough point and anything looks good. The market is flat to down from where it was. BTW, the President has about 0% to do with the stock market.
2) A bad recession was extended by stupid economic policies -- remember what the Spendulus was going to do for us?
3) The economy is weak as a kitten.
4) And the crushing cost of that PoS has not yet KO'd the economy.
5) Oh joy, GM is now a ward of the UAW after stiffing its bond/mortgage holders. (And their cars still suck!)
6) With near zero borrowing costs thats no great trick
7) Yes, he is using Bush's anti-terror policies.

Now on the negative side:
We are in 3 wars
Government spending is up by 1/3rd
The Deficit this year will be more than Bush's entire term
Years ago I did work for one of his companies, a lot of work. Did I get paid for my work? Ah no. Stiffed is an appropriate term. That's the "art" of dealing with the Trump brand.

So, I wouldn't cross the street for the guy, much less vote for him.

Awl4knot

P.S. On a happier note, his wife is absolutely gorgeous. Just stunning.