retroactive ...

• CJ7
  • 09-18-2012, 11:16 PM
retroactivly retired from Bain and retroactivly filed tax returns ... when you get busted telling a damn lie engage the retro mode ..and of course blame it on some clerk because an astute businessman running a presidential campaign on his business background cant make a mistake like that ... take his word.

A decade ago, Romney was trying to prove his eligibility to run for governor of Massachusetts. The state requires candidates to be a resident for seven years before running for governor. Romney testified to a state panel that this wasn't a problem because he'd been paying taxes in Massachusetts for years, even while living in Utah and running the Salt Lake City Olympics.
But Romney hadn't been paying taxes in Massachusetts—he'd listed Utah as his primary state on several years of tax forms. When asked about this by Boston Globe reporters, he said he wasn't sure what was in his taxes but he'd be "happy to look into it."
But after the Globe then sent Romney specific questions about his Utah residency, his campaign declined to respond because "he values his privacy and his wife's privacy." When reporters asked for the forms with financial information redacted and residency information visible, a spokesman told the Boston Globe: "You're going to have to take my word for it."
Sound familiar?
It should, because a very similar scenario has played out this time around. On Monday, an ABC News reporter asked Romney if he'd ever paid a tax rate that was lower than 13.9 percent—the rate he paid in the one year for which he has so far released his return. Romney said he's "happy to go back and look." But just like with the Globe in 2002, when ABC followed up, they were stonewalled.
That's not all. The 2002 story gets even more byzantine: Once it was finally pointed out that Romney had filed as a Utah resident, and had even told a reporter in Utah that he had done this for tax reasons, Romney punted responsibility for it: The reporter was lying, a Utah tax clerk had made a mistake, and he hadn't read his taxes before signing them, he now claimed. At the same time, Romney noted he'd been trying to fix the error.
"He was trying to retroactively, essentially refile his taxes, so his Massachusetts taxes would be filed as if he was a resident of the state ...

enough willard, you made Ryan pony up 10 years worth of tax returns when you vetted the man for VP ... its your turn, show your cards boy!
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 12:07 PM
crickets

snick
give it a rest.

snick
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 12:50 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Willard the "business man" didnt read his taxes before he signed them ... said so himself

gives one pause when you consider legislation requires a signature to become a law ..

doesnt it?
Congress doesn't read bills before they vote on them. I doubt the President reads bills before he signs them. In fact, we don't even get to see the bills before they're signed, like Obama promised, but he lied.
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Congress doesn't read bills before they vote on them. I doubt the President reads bills before he signs them. In fact, we don't even get to see the bills before they're signed, like Obama promised, but he lied. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

we know all about Obie, hes not the subject

a business man who signs his tax return and doesnt read it first, IS ... any comment on that you old Instant Obama Deflector?
That would be the first question I would ask Obaminable at the first debate ...

... when was the last time you read the Healthcare Bill?

Unless, of course, he was required to "pre-approve" the questions, like at his news conferences ....
Actually, I prepared very complex tax returns. The tax law is such that even after I explained them, they frequently didn't understand what they were signing. The income tax is ridiculous. It got to the point where they didn't read them, and just signed, wrote a check, and mailed them.

When you file a 1040EZ, like you, CBJ7, it is almost simple enough for you to understand.
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Willard asking Obie about healthcare ?

yeah, thats a brilliant idea

oh the irony
  • CJ7
  • 09-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Actually, I prepared very complex tax returns. The tax law is such that even after I explained them, they frequently didn't understand what they were signing. The income tax is ridiculous. It got to the point where they didn't read them, and just signed, wrote a check, and mailed them.

When you file a 1040EZ, like you, CBJ7, it is almost simple enough for you to understand. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

they who, presidential candidates with vast knowledge of taxes and offshore business accounts ?

you still didnt answer my question, but thats ok, and expected
Get back on the OP's subject, asswipes! COF and his gang of uninformed malcontents have nothing but diversion to use!

Rmoney vetted 10 years worth of Ryan's taxes.

WE are vetting Rmoney to check his Presidential bona fides!

Pony up, Mittens!

Just like CJ7 noted, I, too, expect nothing but crickets and diversionary crickets at that!
Bush did it.
  • oden
  • 09-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Everyone should provide tax returns, school records, original birth certificates and then all this stuff that is irrelevant would be behind us!
crickets

snick Originally Posted by CJ7
The great Ben Stein.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP0mQeLWCCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxPVyieptwA