Hotels requiring vax passport

I was just sent an article today about Marriott and Hilton starting to require vaccination passport proof or negative covid test before staying at the hotel.

Has anyone experienced this in the USA yet?
If so, which cities and hotels?

Thanks.
Sounds like a great policy to me.
I was just sent an article today about Marriott and Hilton starting to require vaccination passport proof or negative covid test before staying at the hotel.

Has anyone experienced this in the USA yet?
If so, which cities and hotels?

Thanks. Originally Posted by tia travels

Sound like so your traveling army can only stay at a certain place scam, like an I.D. card who issue it State/which State/passport.
Sounds like a great policy to me. Originally Posted by grayturner
Until they start checking for vaccination passport proof or negative covid test of every person (ie: clients) entering their hotels. Wouldn’t be very discreet anymore.
Until they start checking for vaccination passport proof or negative covid test of every person (ie: clients) entering their hotels. Wouldn’t be very discreet anymore. Originally Posted by eastside70

LOL No very likely.
Where would any hotel find enough employees to post at every entrance 24 hour a day to enforce that policy?
Not happening
I stay at Hilton all the time.

When they do that I will stay at another hotel or not travel.
I will mention that the 200 employees that travel will not be staying there as well and remove my account with them.

I am vaxed but dont give a fuck if you are or not.

Retarded liberal idiots want to control something that doesnt work and only makes the virus mutate.
Until they start checking for vaccination passport proof or negative covid test of every person (ie: clients) entering their hotels. Wouldn’t be very discreet anymore. Originally Posted by eastside70
YIP, It has my real name and address on my vaccination document.
LOL No very likely.
Where would any hotel find enough employees to post at every entrance 24 hour a day to enforce that policy? Originally Posted by grayturner
Ha. Highly likely. One employee per shift needed at the main entrance since they lock (key card access) all of the other doors.

Unless of course, you expect EVERY provider to come to a side door to sneak in EVERY client to bypass the documentation checks. Not gonna happen. Plus monitored cameras at these doors would catch and eliminate this action.

If they’re going to require it of guests, why wouldn't they require it of visitors?
No other hotels/motels exist?
Tia,
Not in the states (yet).

This is a foreign country thing where various governments have mandated.
So basically, tourists beware over there.

However, note that upper level hotel mgmnt here in the states is well aware of this, simply cause upper level hotel mgmnt deals with worldwide hotel mgmnt. Concepts similar to what airlines use are being discussed (and implemented overseas). You may have received a copy of a planning memo, which, yes, do exsist.

Last,
eastside is quite correct at post 8 above
  • H&H
  • 12-18-2021, 10:38 AM
Sounds like the gayest dumbest fucking thing on the planet
Sounds like the gayest dumbest fucking thing on the planet Originally Posted by H&H
What is Gay about it? You sound like a 14 year old who tossed that word out, unable to coherently express yourself with a sufficient adjective.

It is unenforceable, of course. Anytime regular employees are thrust into quasi-law enforement roles, at no extra pay, the enforcement will fail.

Some emloyees apparently relish, or are too ignorant to grasp the problems it poses for themselves, such as Airline Employees who have been attacked trying to enforce masking.

I remember years ago, at a Metallica concert, when the Band hit the stage a big crowd surged from the back toward the stage.. Female ushers threw themselves in front of rushing Males, trying to stop them. WTF??!! Why? Great way to get your bones broken, and there wasn't a chance that any more than 5 of the 500+ Surgers would be contained.
  • R.M.
  • 12-19-2021, 04:25 AM
Not happening
I stay at Hilton all the time.

When they do that I will stay at another hotel or not travel.
I will mention that the 200 employees that travel will not be staying there as well and remove my account with them.

I am vaxed but dont give a fuck if you are or not.

Retarded liberal idiots want to control something that doesnt work and only makes the virus mutate. Originally Posted by Gotyour6
All of that^
I'm sorry I didn't have the link for the article in the first post. It was sent to me on a screenshot missing the visible link. I found the article now:
https://yourmileagemayvary.net/2021/...f-vaccination/

It looks like eccie abbreviated the full link above. I will reprint it below WITHOUT the https:// so hopefully the whole link will show.
yourmileagemayvary.net/2021/09/29/more-hotels-including-hilton-hyatt-ihg-marriott-brands-requiring-proof-of-vaccination/

Otherwise, I also made a tiny URL for it if you want to click or just TYPE in a shorter link (if you're not into clicking links in posts like this):
https://tinyurl.com/5dezpz2m

It looks like some hotels (though I only scanned the article) like boutique ones are doing it here in the USA, it also mentions for Hawaii some Hilton/Marriott brands have followed.
LOL No very likely.
Where would any hotel find enough employees to post at every entrance 24 hour a day to enforce that policy? Originally Posted by grayturner
Plus, they'd have to check every GUEST of the hotel too that is just visiting and not staying.

I just hope this isn't a thing already. I have a friend in Australia who has shown me how he has to check in everywhere he goes by using his phone's app (which he said is a requirement (though some haven't downloaded it I'm sure)) for example when you call and get in a cab, when in a McDonalds, etc.