Newb checklist - thoughts and tips please?

Ok, so I thought about it and have decided today dive in. In reading some of the threads on here, I've built myself a little checklist of things to do in order to play safe, for discretion. Need help with some of these. (I do travel around the US a bit)

1) burner email not linked to my name - check.
2) Eccie account to talk to you awesome people - check
3) hobby phone - so I've done a little research and think I want a smart phone for my hobby phone so I can do all the browsing and email from that... no link to my home computer, laptop, etc. There are a LOT of SIM options out there both phones and packages - anyone have anything they like for phone, text and data?
4) hobby debit card - to pay for things like p411, occasional hotel, etc. What are good options to have?
5) wish list of beautiful ladies to visit - check

What am I overlooking, if anything? Please respond here or PM.

Thank you so much!
B
Sounds like your off to a good start!
Ok, so I thought about it and have decided today dive in. In reading some of the threads on here, I've built myself a little checklist of things to do in order to play safe, for discretion. Need help with some of these. (I do travel around the US a bit)

1) burner email not linked to my name - check.
2) Eccie account to talk to you awesome people - check
3) hobby phone - so I've done a little research and think I want a smart phone for my hobby phone so I can do all the browsing and email from that... no link to my home computer, laptop, etc. There are a LOT of SIM options out there both phones and packages - anyone have anything they like for phone, text and data?
4) hobby debit card - to pay for things like p411, occasional hotel, etc. What are good options to have?
5) wish list of beautiful ladies to visit - check

What am I overlooking, if anything? Please respond here or PM.

Thank you so much!
B Originally Posted by p98397
Nicolet is right--you do seem to be off to a pretty good start. Two notes of caution:

I'm not sure what SIM options are (I'm old & fell off the technology train in the late '90s) but your hobby phone needs to be pre-paid. In cash. If you can get a hobby-smart-phone, great--but pre-paid. In cash.

Second thing: hobby debit card. Ummm, NO. Cash. Occasional hotel? Cash. P411? I'm not a member, but Gina did post recently that there were anonymous ways to pay. Find those ways & use them. I don't pay for this or TER membership w/a cc. Yes, paranoia is a rational response to a hostile environment.
OHD - I do have a hobby debit card - it's all electronic - nothing goes to the house on it. I don't pay chicks with it - but it's a great place to stash cash until I need it. PLUS - I have some income from some sources that just loads right on to it automatically and, using my smart phone - I can take a "photo" of checks I want to deposit to it. Takes 10 days for the funds to show up if I do that - but usually I'm not in a hurry.

Plus - since I do hobby outside the U.S. and have to deal with currency exchange - you get the best exchange rates off credit cards - so I take it with me to Germany and withdraw Euros from an ATM right next to the hotel I usually stay at.

I also used it to pay for my rental car and hotel - LOL - and since there is no paper statement - it's all good!
  • HB13
  • 10-17-2013, 04:51 PM
1. Google Voice (it's FREE!): Mainly as it gives you an alternative phone number that can go to your regular cell (you can also option to have it, e-mail / text you a transcript of any voice messages). A ton of other handy features too but check their website out (like linking your work-phone, home-phone, etc, to your cell-phone; call-screening, block callers, personalized greetings to different #'s, etc).

2. I second Old Horn Dog. That hobby card is still another trail (no matter how well you hide it). Just use cash or use a prepaid cash card.
http://money.usnews.com/money/person...-prepaid-cards

3. Also create a checklist for when you're visiting (hygiene, two call system to confirm the date prior to, and get address whenever you're in the area, envelope, know the menu, etc.).
My hobby phone is thru cricket ... Has fair coverage ... I did not used real name or address and I pay cash every month at a cricket store .... It is an android phone with unlimited data for about $50 a month
I pay for my 411 with western union quick pay .... Fake address used hobby phone as a contact ....
I agree with OHD.... No hobby debit or cc .... Pay cash
I USE BOOST MOBILE BECAUSE THEY DO NOT FORCE YOU TO PUT YOUR NAME ON YOUR ACCOUNT + IT IS AFFORDABLE ($40 TO $60) FOR "UNLIMITED EVERTHING PRE-PAID NO-CONTRACT" SERVICE.
I USE NETSPEND PRE-PAID CREDIT CARD.
THEY SELL IT THROUGH WALGREENS / CVS / 7 11.
THE RELOAD AMOUNT CAN BE UP TO $500 AT ONCE.
I THINK YOU CAN KEEP OVER $500 ON THE NS CARD, AS YOUR TOTAL BALANCE.
I LIKE NETSPEND BECAUSE THERE IS A WIDER RANGE OF PURCHASES + I WANT CLEAR USB WIFI INTERNET PRE-PAID NO-CONTACT SERVICE (FOR MY OWN PURPOSES) + CLEAR ACCEPTS NETSPEND ONLY (OUT OF THE PRE-PAID CREDIT CARDS.)

I DO NOT RECOMMEND GREEN DOT + THEY BANNED ME FOR "FREQUENT PURCHASES" (BACKPAGE ADS, LOL)
some good tips--

when you go to a hotel,have the gal give you the layout ahead of time

when you take the gal a present...NO flowers [too obvious}.....carry your stuff in a duffle bag or a grocery bag like whole foods

take to the gal's incall ONLY what you need......get a "hobby wallet" and use it for such purposes
The OP had posted on the national board as well, and this thread was suggested as a good read for newbies. I thought it would be good to share with our local newbies!

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=1044462&postcount=1
Condoms...plenty of them.
Find a place where you can get anonymously tested for STIs and schedule your first visit. It's a great practice to get tested at least every six months if you'll be hobbying! And it is definitely another one of those things to keep under the radar, but not to skip. Most providers will want to supply their own condoms, so it can be nice to have one or two but its not really necessary. If you do stash condoms somewhere, don't store them in the car as the heat can destroy them and create micro-tears too small to see until they break while being used (one reason why many providers will supply our own).
Or briefcase
When you think you have everything covered, it will come up and bite you in the ass. NEVER be too complacent.
Thank you everyone for the feedback. MUCH, MUCH appreciated.