crummy CDs

I have purchased a lot of CDs. Some start up and play every time, no skipping no problem so the CD player is fine.

Other CDS arrive, and some of them just go round and round and don't play. Others do play after putting them in and out of the CD player a few times, and play fine. I am not talking about the music quality of the CD or skipping, just the fact that they either don't play, or play after trying to start them several times.

These must be cheaply made CDs.

How can you determine when you buy a CD if it is good quality ?
I would google it, but from my experience ive never known there to be a way to mess up cds other than if they are scratched or if the disc reader needs cleaned. It could be a blank cd with nothing actually on it just a fake cover. seems greed is up to higher levels and scams are even more common now than ever before.
I know what it is, and have experienced the same, a few times.

Today's Compact Discs are lighter and thinner than past discs. CD players are fine-tuned to expect a specific weight, and the very light discs are not readable by the laser.

CD cases are the same.. Very light compared to the early cases, that were twice as heavy.. the ones that had ''patent pending'' etched into the bottom corner. Those were near-impossible to break, today's cases break under the slightest pressure.

It's all about skimping on input costs, since streaming has resulted in a two decade decline in CD sales.
I started encountering that issue a few years ago, and ended up returning a handful of CDs. I always rip my discs to FLAC when I buy them, then give them a listen on my stereo. My Marantz is more forgiving than my Apple disc drive, so the quality of the player may be a factor if it’s happening a lot.
I have purchased a lot of CDs. Some start up and play every time, no skipping no problem so the CD player is fine.

Other CDS arrive, and some of them just go round and round and don't play. Others do play after putting them in and out of the CD player a few times, and play fine. I am not talking about the music quality of the CD or skipping, just the fact that they either don't play, or play after trying to start them several times.

These must be cheaply made CDs.

How can you determine when you buy a CD if it is good quality ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
Throw it like a Frisbee if it flies flat and true it's a good one. If it wobbles, crashes and burns like your posts then pass it by. Hope this helps, lol.
This. https://www.cdrom2go.com/degradation Originally Posted by Redhot1960
Throw it like a Frisbee if it flies flat and true it's a good one. If it wobbles, crashes and burns like your posts then pass it by. Hope this helps, lol. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Are y'all suggesting that ''perfect sound forever!'', was a marketing LIE to get us to pay twice as much for music in 1983-84?
Id
Keep all Tapes, CDS, Records & pass them on they will become collector items & worth a lot of $ Decades & Decades & Decades Centuries from now..Keep them in a safe or something I don't know..
& In the meantime use the internet for music I do!
I'm always comparing Youtube music to Spotify & iTunes...still trying to decide who is the best Music Whore
👽👽👅💋👽
HEY admin why arentvu posting my pics????
Brain & beauty hurts you right?
Are y'all suggesting that ''perfect sound forever!'', was a marketing LIE to get us to pay twice as much for music in 1983-84? Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I am not suggesting anything. I was just giving a tip on how to tell a well made CD from a not so well well made one, it works with blank CD's too. Ok, does that clear up your delusion.
I am not suggesting anything. I was just giving a tip on how to tell a well made CD from a not so well well made one, it works with blank CD's too. Ok, does that clear up your delusion. Originally Posted by Levianon17
I wasn't referring to you. Get over your delsusional feeling of self-importance.