Hot.com pop-ups

Do we really have to put up with the constant pop-ups from this site every time we switch to different areas. Tired of closing them out every fucking time.
Ironically, when I tried to read this thread, I got a hot.com popup.
Me too, it’s so frickin annoying
Easy enough to block hot.com at the DNS level if you know how to manage your own network.

Here's a regex which will block any variant of hot.com

(\.|^)hot\.com$
i have a pop up blocker enabled and its worked wonderfully until about 4 days ago. now every time i click on something i get a message that says please allow pop ups for this site.
Adblocker will stop them.
Adblocker will stop them. Originally Posted by PeterFunt
I tried adblocker it worked for one day. Now it's not blocking it.
too bad the ignore list wont work on it.
My adblocker on firefox seems to work, I get one popup when I first go to the Pgh page and that's it.
Ad Blocker is killing it on my computer using chrome but i am still getting that annoying message every time i click on something telling me to allow pop ups. not only do i not want pop ups i cant afford to have that popping up and someone seeing it.
For those of you who don't manage their own firewall, you can block hot.com at the DNS level by editing your hosts file on windows
https://www.howtogeek.com/784196/how...dows-10-or-11/

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\et c

Open the 'hosts' file in notepad

Add a line at the bottom that says
127.0.0.1 hot.com
Whenever the popup opens, it'll try to access a website on your computer, which doesn't exist, so it'll 404
It's even worse on mobile... Even if I allow pop-ups, whenever I try to click on some type of internal site navigation (such as going into my PMs, or the back arrow to navigate back to the previous forum), I *only* get the hot.com pop-up, I don't actually get where I am trying to go.

Can we please turn this off?
Try Brave Browser and under the security section set everything to "aggressive" or "strict" and it will eliminate all of the pop-ups except the initial one you get at login.
So I think I can see what is happening. If I'm wrong, then the webmaster has opted the popup to open all the time, but

If you visit the site, then click on a sub-forum (sandbox, encounter reports, etc), you get a popup
If you hit BACK, and click on another sub-forum, you get a popup
But if you navigate back (by clicking Pittsburgh), then click on a sub-forum, you don't get a popup

But literally, just right now, I got one when I opened this thread...

None the less, I have hot.com blacklisted at the DNS level, so it doesn't go anywhere
It wouldn’t bother me if hot.com showed real providers in my area. I’ve yet to see an ad with 412 or 724 area code.