How are we defined?

I think people are defined by their actions and not by their words. An example: If I tell someone "I am sorry" and I do not change or stop the action I was sorry for, in all actuality I am NOT sorry or just sorry I got caught. My action of changing nothing defines my values and who I am.

So, for me when I am told different things like "Thank You" "That was fun" "I enjoy you Outdoorsman" etc. etc. from a provider it has little meaning, some action needs to follow or the statement to me was meaningless. I am not saying I do not appreciate politeness, because I do. What I am saying is I have some very good clients that I appreciate very much not only do I say "Thank You" but I go beyond to show my gratitude, Saints games, lunches, customer appreciation days, etc. When I say I am "Sorry" I reflect on the wrong or mistake and attmept to change my actions in the future.

I have had one provider in my few years actually buy me a small gift, coffee mug with Saints emblem and it was in a Saints gift bag when I arrived. That to me is going above and beyond and shows that she does appreciate my business. That is action following the "Thank You"

I do not mean I take out my clients everytime I do some work for them, I just let them know they are appreciated. I have a close friend that I saw recently and I bought her a little card and wrote some words in it just to show I appreciate her freindship. Little things like the coffee mug and a card mean the world to me when I define myself and others.

I think my strength as a man comes from how I live my values as displayed in my actions and not by my words.

I don't know if this will get much reaction, I am in a philosophical and spiritual mood this morning.
i like it. i don't take it personally mostly. i understand where you are coming from ... and appreciate it immensely when a little extra thought is given.
Action speak louder than words, and I also have clients give me gifts. My thoughts are if they are giving the best possible service then words are enough. If the product is not the best, but the service is then I know . That is really what I look for, I just had some guys show up and the equipment was.... well swapped out like 3 times, I can't complain about the people that were sent, I wish their office would have turned down the job. I would prefer someone who want to do a good job as apposed to someone just doing it for the money. I also contract out and I wont accept a job if I'm burnt out or have other things on my mind. I believe quality shows up. Gifts and dinners are tax write offs anyway
Very sound true words....
I have given special friends gifts. Especially if they are regular friends. I appreciate them as much as they love me. Its give and take as far as I am considered. Its nothing for me to be somewhere and I see something that reminds me of a friend... I pick it up..
Keeps thing fun and exciting! Why not!
i agree Outdoorsman. actions do speak louder than words. i have given ladies gifts many times and many have reciprocated. the ladies that have , have a special place in my heart. they knew it wasn't necessary, but they went the extra mile and did. things like this mean a lot to me.
great post OUTdoors!!!

And so dam true!!!!
A little kindness goes a long way...I am in RL who I am in HL...my theory is "be who you say you are"

{Yes PJ you are so special to me!}

{Yes PJ you are so special to me!} Originally Posted by DallasRain

and you to me , love ya babe !