WHY DIDN'T CHRIS CHRISTIE RUN, DOES ANYONE KNOW THE REAL REASON

No one has really discussed why Christie did not run for office, I have a theory but I would like to know what you think.
Hmmm....politician from New Jersey.....could it be a couple big boned skeletons in the closet?
Hmmm....politician from New Jersey.....could it be a couple big boned skeletons in the closet? Originally Posted by swarmyone

Actually I think you may be close Swarmy, his aunt was married to Tino "the Greek" Fiumara who was a capo or captiain of the New Jersey crew of the Genovese crime family. Chrstie has stated that there was no contact with Tino but he did visit with him at the Pen. Tino died in Sept 2010. Makes you wonder what the skeletons could be.
  • KCJoe
  • 10-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Run? That fat bastard can barely walk!
Oh, I got this one! I know why! It is all COGs fault! lol right? right?? lol
LOL! Yes, that's right. I convinced Christy not to run. Because there are enough idiots running as it is.
Oh, I got this one! I know why! It is all COGs fault! lol right? right?? lol Originally Posted by Tiffany Cums
Exactly! Now you are getting the idea!
Run? That fat bastard can barely walk! Originally Posted by KCJoe
Probably because he didn't want to listen to this stupid shit for the next year.
He wants to finish out his term as Governor of New Jersey, then decide whether to seek higher office. It has nothing to do with organized crime or his weight.

America has not had a great President since John F. Kennedy. Chris Christie might be the next one. I have a lot of respect for him because he wishes to honor his commitment to the citizens of New Jersey.
America has not had a great President since John F. Kennedy. Originally Posted by trynagetlaid

I am going with Dirty Dog's idea.
My guess would be a lack of differentiation between himself, Romney, and Perry. Each has one or two conservative cards to play, but they are cards in an overall liberal Republican hand. If I hear Romney using the Obama-type class warfare middle class vs. "the rich" bullshit one more time, I'm going to puke.

Christie has some nice recent conservative credentials, but ultimately they, like John McCain and Bob Dole before them, are big-government guys. We won't beat Obama with an Obama-lite; that was proven in '96 and '08.

Hence, the surge for Herman Cain. When you are in private business, you actually have to be good at things - unlike in government.
Number one, Christie promised he would finish his term of office.
Christie needs the support of the conservative spine of the GOP and he wouldn't have it. He is a personality but he is not a conservative. He is pro-gun control, pro-choice, and the afore mentioned family problems. His support would have been luke warm at best.
It sure is an impressive cast of candidates for sure.

I suspect there will be a 3rd Party run out of all of this.
  • KCJoe
  • 10-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Probably because he didn't want to listen to this stupid shit for the next year. Originally Posted by Enchanterlingum
If being called fat was the worst thing he was called, then he'd have a pretty easy go. If that bothered him, then he is as thin skinned as Palin and couldn't survive the process.