Despite a statewide ban on concealed weapons 19 people shot in overnight shootings across Chicago

• Dawgs
  • 08-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Hmmm, how could this be possible with a state wide ban on concealed carry?? (folks this is sarcasm)
got one in New York also...
I love the story of the late Carl Rowan, a liberal and zealously anti-gun op-ed columnist.

For years, he urged a complete ban on handgun ownership for everyone other than the military and members of law enforcement agencies. In fact, he opined that anyone found in possession of a handgun, even if it never left the owner's home, should face a mandatory prsion term.

But late one night in 1988, he shot a trespasser just outside his home in Washington, D.C. (which had strict laws against all guns) with -- guess what? A handgun!

Hypocrisy, anyone?
I love the story of the late Carl Rowan, a liberal and zealously anti-gun op-ed columnist.

For years, he urged a complete ban on handgun ownership for anyone other than a member of a law enforcement agency. In fact, he opined that anyone found in possession of a handgun, even if it never left the owner's home, should face a mandatory prsion term.

But late one night in 1988, he shot a trespasser just outside his home in Washington, D.C. (which had strict laws against all guns) with -- guess what? A handgun!

Hypocrisy, anyone? Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
Yes, but as it always is with uber liberals or hard right wingers, they mean everybody but THEM.

I have a house in Mexico that I can't go to because of the violence. If the good people of Mexico had been allowed to arm themselves, there would be a whole lot less shoot 'em up and they probably wouldn't be in a civil war. If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have them it's just that simple.
Gun laws only keep guns out of honest folks hands.

I was just summin up for ya olivia.
Yes, but as it always is with uber liberals or hard right wingers, they mean everybody but THEM. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
Yep!

Back in the mid 1990s, debate had just begun on what soon was to become the Texas concealed handgun license law. One of the proposal's most fervent opponents was a lawmaker from around the Brownsville-McAllen area. He loudly and aggressively railed about the dangers of "shootouts happening every day on our cities streets", and other dire consequences.

But then one day, amid all the debate, he was going through screening prior to boarding a commuter flight from his hometown back to Austin where he could resume his role in crafting Texas law. Guess what he forgot to remove from his carry-on bag prior to screening.

Oops!
Typical.
Nothing is quite as hypocritical as a limousine-liberal, e.g., Rosie O'Donnell, Jane Fonda, Dianne Feinstein, etc., living and working in guarded-gated communities as they rail against the Second Amendment Rights of other Americans. Jack Lord, AKA Steve McGarrett, was one of the worst. Every week he would portray a shoot-out during his Hawaii Five-O series. Lord made a lucrative living brandishing a gun and exploiting gun violence on TV, but then he would hypocritically pontificate on how no one else should be allowed to own guns.
Chicago is the perfect example of failed gun laws.
Nothing is quite as hypocritical as a limousine-liberal, e.g., Rosie O'Donnell, Jane Fonda, Dianne Feinstein, etc., living and working in guarded-gated communities as they rail against the Second Amendment Rights of other Americans. Jack Lord, AKA Steve McGarrett, was one of the worst. Every week he would portray a shoot-out during his Hawaii Five-O series. Lord made a lucrative living brandishing a gun and exploiting gun violence on TV, but then he would hypocritically pontificate on how no one else should be allowed to own guns. Originally Posted by I B Hankering

fyi, Jack Lord died a few years ago