Republicans in Congress Address Major Issue

It's nice to know that with all that is going on, Republicans in Congress have decided to take on the tough issues, regardless of what effect it may have on their re-election. Kudos to you, Congress!

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2011/...-as-vegetable/

Well this would get around that whole "our kids to are fat because we feed them shit in school issue"

The Lobbyists are behind this. well, as always
Ok, maybe we need to spell this out since some of our liberal friends have trouble reading big words. Congress, controlled by the Republicans, is trying to designate "pizza" as a vegetable. Not only is this a waste of time, it would be very funny if it weren't for everything else going on. Proves my point that Republicans are no better than Democrats.
If you like to tax the ass off of working stiffs and give tax breaks to the rich,and have a bunch of fat ass kids vote republican,and no I am a independent.
Marshall, how is pointing out how stupid Republicans are means I support Obamacare? That doesn't make sense, and you know what I think of Obama and his policies. This is funny. Republicans pushing for pizza as a vegetable. Lighten up.
I know that Marshall. Personally, I prefer pizza being shoved down my throat.

• Doove
  • 11-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Marshall, how is.... Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I know that Marshall. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
You're hearing voices, COG. I think you're losing it.
It must be the new ignore feature..lmao
  • Laz
  • 11-16-2011, 07:18 PM
This is why I am libertarian. Why is the federal government even involved in this issue.
You know that these guys on the GOP party require baby steps in order to break down complex issues and hold countless meetings before they can vote responsibly.

. . . After all, it was the first Bush who unabashedly told the nation that he, by gum, did not like broccoli and wanted the world to know it!

Fuck broccoli. Cabbage is the shit. Whats the red stuff on pizza anyway?
Ok, maybe we need to spell this out since some of our liberal friends have trouble reading big words. Congress, controlled by the Republicans, is trying to designate "pizza" as a vegetable. Not only is this a waste of time, it would be very funny if it weren't for everything else going on. Proves my point that Republicans are no better than Democrats. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Ok i'll bite. We really need to make this easier for our right wingers because this is an ongoing issue. The Nutrition of Pizza doesn't meet guidelines due to the tomato sauce inside unless there is twice as much ( the vegetable part ), so lobbyists are pushing to make pizza itself a vegetable so they can keep serving this crap to make our kids happy.. and obese. well and their clients rich.

Do you just regurgitate everything you read without researching even a little?
This is why I am libertarian. Why is the federal government even involved in this issue. Originally Posted by Laz
Because they fund the vast majority of school lunches. If you pay the piper, you call the tune. The U.S. has an epidemic of obesity, including childhood obesity. So in an effort to promote the "general welfare," as well as to be good stewards of our Medicaid money, Congress is acting sensibly and using the power that they have through their funding of the school lunch program to try to reduce obesity rates and save money.

Do you really object to that? Or would you rather them just pass out the school lunch money and let schools feed the kids crap and pay more in Medicaid funds for diabetic kids? I'd really like to hear an answer to that question.

And if your answer is to eliminate school lunch programs, who do you expect to feed these kids? In FY2010, 37.1M kids are in the program. Do you really think hungry kids learn well? And remember that 85% of these "school lunch" programs include breakfast.
Gee TTH, is it wrong to expect the PARENTS to feed their kids? I always took my lunch to school. And I turned out ok. Well . . .

Now, who the hell deleted Marshall's posts? Not funny! Makes me look like I'm hearing things. Bastard! I know his posts were there! Honest! Really they were!

I'm not feeling too well. NURSE, bring my meds, please. Make the voices STOP!

I will have my revenge against those who have embarrassed me!

When I am through with them, they'll never . . . Oh, look! A puppy!

Ah, Good Night, All!
Now, who the hell deleted Marshall's posts? Not funny! Makes me look like I'm hearing things. Bastard! I know his posts were there! Honest! Really they were! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
None other than Marshall himself. He's sliding in under the hour time limit everyone has to edit their own posts. He's been doing it a lot recently.