San Marcos or New Braunfels?

Hey everyone. Work has me coming to the area this week and I have the choice of these two towns. I have never been to either so I thought I would find out which would be better. Of course I would love to play while there but outside of the hobby what fun things are there to do?
Thank you for the feedback. I have to work during the day and probably won't want to do amusement parks after work. I think I will see which I am closer to Wednesday at quitting time and go from there. Lol
New Braunfels also has Landa Park which is nice if you just want to walk around and view the small lake there with a lot of nice old oak trees. There's also the historic town of Gruene which is just a few miles from New Braunfels.
Gruene is a great little town and they do have a venue with live music. If you are a shopper then check out the outlets at San Marcos. Hope you have a good stay!
I would pick new braunfels if it as me
I think I am leaning towards New Braunfel. The park sounds perfect and I may go drive through the other town...I love old town squares and main street shops. Might need to check out the outlet on the way back up. Thanks for all the suggestions.