Size Please?

I am thinking about order a custom collar for a playmate, but I don't know her neck size and I can't ask.

Does anyone know the average neck size/circumference for a 5'2"-100 lb. spinner?

I looked at some jewelry websites and a collar necklace is 12-13" in length, which seems about right.

Obviously the worst thing is to get one that is too tight.

Any guidance will be appreciated.
Even custom ones have some adjustment. Have you had your hands around her neck?? That could be a good guide, or use a leather strap or rope to lead her around and measure off of that. Good Luck, and remember if you get material on the inside of the collar, ie Fur that takes up room as well.....This is my fav site and they do good work cheap......
http://collarfactory.com/
The ones that I have seen have adjustment snaps to accomodate almost any size neck. Some even have the word "PUSSY" on it. I bought a D ring
The ones I am looking at are custom made and you have to give them a measurement. From the photos there are a few extra holes to adjust the size, but not too much.
A spinner type I play with on occasion is 5-3, 110 lbs and has a 12-1/2 neck. An adjustable collar I bought fit her nicely, but at close to the smallest adjustment.
A spinner type I play with on occasion is 5-3, 110 lbs and has a 12-1/2 neck. An adjustable collar I bought fit her nicely, but at close to the smallest adjustment. Originally Posted by TexEngnr
So a 13 inch collar should work nicely, assuming that spinners are reasonably uniform in the neck?

That's what I like about engineers. They understand the value of measurements.

Thanks
You are welcome. Tempted to repeat an Engineering mantra, "If it can't be measured, it is irrelevant", but I don't entirely subscribe to that. Subjective experiences cannot be meaningfully measured - but are very real, and certainly relevant

Good luck with the collar. For what it's worth, I favor relatively wide collars, maybe 1-1/2", in oiled leather so they are soft and less irritating for the sub wearing them. But, still wide enough that the sub stays very aware of the collar. The awareness and symbology of it, being a good example of something relevant that defies measurement. I also would never consider a collar without a D-ring. This too is more about symbology than practical use. I use a leash occasionally, but more often than not, the leash just gets in the way.
Whom is the slave here?
Just ASK her.
Just sayin'.
True, but I understand the desire to simply present the collar, having been masterful enough to know the size without asking.
Another alternative I enjoy, is to break out a tailor's tape measure and take dozens of measurements of the sub's body, while the sub is instructed to carefully note the measurements as you call them out. When I've done this, part of my pre visit instructions include, "have some nice paper and a nice pen laid out on a table", with no explanation why.
This is how I know the neck size I mentioned previously.
The whole process emphasizes the authority of the Dom over the subs body, and the subs role as, well, submissive.
You guys (and gals) are making this far more complicated than what it is. This is supposed to be a fun gift that will lead to some lite domination play. Nobody is a slave and nobody (and that means me) is going to be a master, at least a serious one.

Think fun with a twist of kink.

And if I asked about sizes, etc. it would ruin the surprise of the gift.

Now what do ya'll think about a brass bell on the collar? I think it may be more irritating than symbolic, but I don't know squat about this stuff. That's why I ask questions.

With many thanks.....
Ok, I asked another provide with a long, slender neck, and she was 13", which is making me think 14 inches. Anyone disagree?
For some of us, the fun lies in the complexity. At least for me that is true.

But one of the most positive aspects of the BDSM world is the unfettered freedom to pursue your desires as you wish, limited only by the constraints of a safe, sane, consensual partner. Play safe and have fun.
5-2 100 lbs? I'd go smaller. 13 if it has +/- 1/2" of adjustment.
You guys (and gals) are making this far more complicated than what it is. This is supposed to be a fun gift that will lead to some lite domination play. Nobody is a slave and nobody (and that means me) is going to be a master, at least a serious one.

Think fun with a twist of kink.

And if I asked about sizes, etc. it would ruin the surprise of the gift.

Now what do ya'll think about a brass bell on the collar? I think it may be more irritating than symbolic, but I don't know squat about this stuff. That's why I ask questions.

With many thanks..... Originally Posted by awl4knot

It seems as if the folks here are just enjoying your topic! A bell might be annoying but if you could easily remove it, why not try it?

Forgive me for the suggestion, but a little tag with either a pet name or her real name on it would be interesting to have connected to her collar. Just for fun since the collar is going to her.

EW
Elisabeth suggests a good idea I have had customized tags made at Pet Smart. It's a fun addition to the collar. I also bought a package of jingle bells at Micheal's and added 3 or 4 to the collar. I liked the sound of it so much I added bells to my nipple clamp sets as well.
So, yes, I like the idea.