The new $100

• ng
  • 10-23-2013, 06:44 AM
Paid with a couple of the new $100 Bills a couple of days ago and provider thought it was counterfit. It looks a lot different than the old one. All of you should take a look at it so there is no confusion during session. This new bill came out a couple weeks ago and I am sure a google search will help you out.
I got one at the bank the other day along with some older ones. Saved the older ones for hobby due to just that!

HR64
I just got one the other day, and yes, they are VERY different.
i just got a new one
i cant believe they replaced Ben Franklin with pat sajak !!
That is what happens when the government goes out on Furlough. Pat Sajack gets a new gig.

I cashed a check the other day and asked for the older model. Recent news article on the new 100s indicated that more that 3/4ths of the U.S. currency in circulation are 100-dollar bills. They certainly fuel the hobby.
  • Loxly
  • 10-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Another reason why I stick to the 1$ coins. Plus it's always interesting tipping the dancers with them.
They are different, but pretty, sparkley
So Loxly is the one putting coins in the slot at the club.
They look like the old paper food stamps lol rainbow money.
Monopoly money, maybe? Hmm.....I wonder what would happen if I stuffed a donation envelope full of monopoly money and told the provider, "They're real, they're just the new $100 bills."

J/K -- I want you ladies to know that I would NEVER do that. That's why I don't do donation envelopes.
  • Loxly
  • 10-24-2013, 11:09 AM
So Loxly is the one putting coins in the slot at the club. Originally Posted by Austinfunandfit
Well... by virtue of being here aren't we all playing the slots? The reviews tell us of the "Jackpots" "Break evens" and "Losses". Some even advise strategies!

So far as the dancers go I need to dispell a rumor. I have NEVER asked for change!
Monopoly money, maybe? Hmm.....I wonder what would happen if I stuffed a donation envelope full of monopoly money and told the provider, "They're real, they're just the new $100 bills."

J/K -- I want you ladies to know that I would NEVER do that. That's why I don't do donation envelopes.
Originally Posted by cinnamonshark
Every other country in the world - even poorer than the US - has pretty money. About time we ramped up!

Also, wanted to comment on CinnShark's avoidance of envelopes as that's a good practice. My preference is to be able to visually locate greenbacks & give a nod of acknowledgement if anything at all. The envelope means having to hope everything is good or actually have to handle the money with the client present which to me is really tacky. I hate that part of the meeting, so appreciate ya', Sharky. ;-)
  • Loxly
  • 10-28-2013, 09:34 AM
With a new lady I'll generally pass the envelope and then ask if I can use the restroom to wash my hands. That generally gives them enough time to do a quick check and makes it less awkward.
Envelopes are a bad idea all around. Some ladies seem to think they're going to be able to say "I had no idea there was cash in the envelope, your honor." That's probably not going to fly in court. Not handling any money until after the act might help, but even that's not a sure bet.

US currency is used by many people outside the US, for legal and illegal purposes. It would be a big blow to the US economy if these people quit using these bills and returned these bills to the US.

The treasury has to be very careful to make sure these people don't lose faith in US bills. They're very careful about changing it too quickly and "scaring" people off. However, the old bills are being counterfeited too often, so they need to make them harder to counterfeit.

The pretty money seems good, but I wonder if it's really going to be that difficult to duplicate in the long term. There are a lot of people with high tech printing/manufacturing equipment out there. The intaglio process used by current US bills is really hard to duplicate with anything but intaglio presses.