Anonymity

As a newbie trying his hardest to NOT make a stupid mistake, I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it still possible to anonymously register and activate a tracfone and specifically, how?

2. P411 - is it safe to use a credit card to pay for the service (S.O. considerations not withstanding). How do you all do it? Green Dot, CC, Money order and why?

I need advice for the best methods to remain private while still attaining the tools to participate.
As a newbie trying his hardest to NOT make a stupid mistake, I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it still possible to anonymously register and activate a tracfone and specifically, how?

2. P411 - is it safe to use a credit card to pay for the service (S.O. considerations not withstanding). How do you all do it? Green Dot, CC, Money order and why?

I need advice for the best methods to remain private while still attaining the tools to participate. Originally Posted by UnderCoverMan

You might want to read this article that was on the news tonight.
It's in effect already, in some states.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6560321.shtml
If you purchase a phone BEFORE this goes into effect, would that work?
If you purchase a phone BEFORE this goes into effect, would that work? Originally Posted by UnderCoverMan

I can't personally answer that. As I don't use pre-paid phones.
Try to buy one. If they ask for your ID. Opt not to buy it.
Unless you don't mind showing your ID.
UnderCoverMan, if you are going to use a pre-paid debit card for Adult related activities, do NOT purchase one from Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart will NOT allow Adult related purchases to be made on their card.
Your card will be rejected. Happened to me and I was pissed. Read the fine print; it's in there.

I get mine from Ace Cash Express. (any of those other ones should work) and although their transaction rates/services are more expensive, I've never had any issues completing Adult related transactions successfully like I did with the Wal-Mart card.

Just thought that you should be aware of this.

Good luck.

SKF

paranoia...
If you purchase a phone BEFORE this goes into effect, would that work? Originally Posted by UnderCoverMan
Yes. You can pay cash for the phone, and activate by phone or online w/o having to supply any personal info.

I believe that T-Mobile still has the best deal - you can pick up a phone as low as $16 and buy 1000 minute refill cards (at least) once a year for $90.
CallingMart.com has 10% off deals every couple months on refills.
paranoia... Originally Posted by cockforhire
Not sure what you mean by your response? Could you clarify your thoughts and intentions a little more?
What is the preferred method for paying 411? Any concerns with a CC or should I use a different option? Pro's/Con's? They seem pretty safe, but what do I know?
P411 is a kick-ass service. The best method of payment is the one which won't leave a paper trail...a paper trail which *could* have you on the hot seat should you have to explain this charge to your inquisitive SO.

Again, I personally use a pre-paid VISA from Ace $ Express

"Paranoia?" Maybe.

"Smart"? Abso-Fucking-lutely!

You just keep on keepin' on UCM. You're approaching this deal the right way. Props to you for that.

As for phones, I recently (two weeks ago) went to Wal-Mart and bought an AT&T pay-as-you-go flipphone for a friend and paid $29 cash. Got outside, turned it on to activate it, and that was it. You have to give a zip code to activate but they don't verify anything. I was in 78753 but entered my friends zip which is 78721.

No credit card, no ID, no nothing.
What is the preferred method for paying 411? Any concerns with a CC or should I use a different option? Pro's/Con's? They seem pretty safe, but what do I know? Originally Posted by UnderCoverMan
Western Union - use cash. Follow the instructions on P411. Have a fake name, address, phone number etc ready to use when you fill out the form. Practice signing your fake name since you'll need to sign the confirmation slip at the customer service desk of HEB or where ever you go.