No Session experience but You've met the lady and know the pics are not accurate.....

Suppose you meet with an Advertising Indy.....

You have a couple of drinks in a club......

You come to the obvious conclusion upon meeting her in person that her pics are either old or doctored.....

But you not see her BCD so there is no review to post.....

What do you do?
Punt!!!
Hopefully, whoever intends to meet her would have done some homework. Since there are no reviews - they ought to make an enquiry in ISO or men's lounge forum. That's where you'd chime in about what you know and everyone else can decide if they still want to see her.
Why not *tactfully* ask her when the images were taken and, upon confirmation that they are, in fact. old images, suggest to her that she get more recent/current ones?

Don't see a problem with that.

Or why not just cut to the chase and call her out here in the coed forum.

That was the point of this thread, wasn't it? Surely *you* know how to handle this without our input, don't you?

• Carl
  • 06-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Why not *tactfully* ask her when the images were taken and, upon confirmation that they are, in fact. old images, suggest to her that she get more recent/current ones?

Don't see a problem with that.

Or why not just cut to the chase and call her out here in the coed forum.

That was the point of this thread, wasn't it? Surely *you* know how to handle this without our input, don't you?
Originally Posted by SofaKingFun
Well, where's the fun in that?
Or why not just cut to the chase and call her out here in the coed forum. Originally Posted by SofaKingFun
- OR -

you could make a post in Co-Ed telling your story, and asking people for their input.... this way the lady (or ladies) will figure out that you are talking about them and make the appropriate changes without being publicly outed.

As a side effect a few members will jump in and say some mean things, and others will add them to their DNS lists... or at least at few peeps will say this.

LF
I read this thread to mean, awww, where's the drama that could follow the build-up to the initial post. Only one response was articulate in laying out an approach I would endorse. But then, the OP could lose his standing as an alpha male if he followed SFK's advice. Beaglebeagle had it right, the way the board is supposed to work. Would anyone else agree this thread was intended to degrade/bash the providers so someone could look superior? Given the OP seems to not see, or at least publicly admit, to seeing providers for p4p (with a very rare outlying blip by his own admission). A hypothetical situation as posted is usually grounded in some version of the truth....either post it or question your need for a *generic* question is my response.
- OR -

you could make a post in Co-Ed telling your story, and asking people for their input.... this way the lady (or ladies) will figure out that you are talking about them and make the appropriate changes without being publicly outed.

LF Originally Posted by LadiesFan

But, but, but, she's misleading the "Bros" with her old/doctored pictures-- and that's just wrongness. Silence, in situations such as this, goes against the "Bro code" or whatever the cool kids are calling it these days, to let a deceiver like this skate?

What is this a fucking PW/LapDog convention?

Whose side are you on anyway whimpers; the Guy's or the Gal's? Do you believe that you're doing either side a favor by remaining silent?

-Not that I believe for one second that whimpers actually cares what anyone else thincks; much less what they'll do... but I'll play along, LadiesFan.

So you're suggesting that he *might* be posting this in the hopes that it will bring about a change on her end, correct?

Well, why not simply address the issue directly with her at that time? That seems like a far more efficient method, doesn't it--dealing with the person directly?
(not to mention FAR less chickenshit than this approach he's taking)

I personally find it pretty spineless to remain silent then; when they were *allegedly* together, only to address it publicly here and now.

It just comes across as a cowardly backstab on this end.

I thinck it was Dr. Phil who said on one of his shows that the only way to get
some people's nutz to drop is to get them in front of a PC monitor. The rest of the time they're drawn up in their belly. He might have been on to something...?

OR.. Here's another possibility, LadiesFan

Stick a supposition somewhere in the body of the post so that if things get too hairy that person can simply tuck tail and claim that their post/threAd was merely hypothetical.

Typical A2M noise.

______________________________ __

I think the kind thing to do would be to send her an email or something letting her know that you think her photos are misleading. This is a hard thing to do. Most guys would just post something in the locker room or talk about her back channel. But I think in general, you of all people have the balls to tell her to her face. Just let her know that you are offering this advice to help her. That you think accurate photos will certainly be better for business than leaving guys disappointed when they come to the door because they were expecting one thing and got another.

See how she responds. If she says she can't afford a photoshoot, suggest she use her camera phone or at the very least put up a disclaimer in all of her ads and her website that she is fatter or thinner or has a different hairdo or whatever it is that makes her look different from her photos.

Oh, and that reminds me. I know you weren't talking about me, but I actually probably need new photos. I'll try to have something posted this week. Not trying to bait and switch anyone but I must look different now cuz guys keep telling me I don't look like my photos. Sometimes we don't see ourselves accurately. When I look at myself in the mirror, I feel like I look like my photos. But evidently I don't. Sometimes we ladies need to be told!
Sophia, I think your pictures are spot on accurate. And you look FANTASTIC!!!

It is nice to be under you again.
Sophia, I think your pictures are spot on accurate. And you look FANTASTIC!!!

It is nice to be under you again. Originally Posted by caveman23
Well thank you. I'm gonna post some recent ones anyhow, just to be on the safe side.
Well thank you. I'm gonna post some recent ones anyhow, just to be on the safe side. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
Always happy to see more of you
My earlier reply was with the assumption that the provider chose to have old or doctored pics because she felt she would attract more clients - so an element of intentional deceit is present. If so, it's likely she knows the possible negative consequences of her actions but decided to go ahead with it anyway because she thinks she'd come out ahead; and it may indeed pay off better - I really don't know.

Having spent time with her, you would have a good idea if she had posted the misleading pictures unintentionally. If you think she's just unaware of her misrepresented pics, I think you are obliged to let her know one way or another. No matter how you put it, there's likely going to be feelings hurt.....but if she's the better person, she'd see it as a constructive advice from you to help her out and realize that you have nothing to gain from informing her.

If she responds negatively, so be it......at least your conscience won't bother you, knowing that you have done what you thought was best for her. I wouldn't care if someone chooses to distance herself because of something petty like that. Probably not worth my time/companionship.
I can see where whispers is coming from actually. I have the same situation. I met a provider who looks NOTHING like their pics. Period. NOt even close. Has been reviewed a few times by others. They have offered peddly excuses when I bring it up. A mod was recently mentioned as being a good friend of theirs (self admission post) and I have even started a thread in the back channels weeks ago.

I haven't outed them for one because it might not be my story to tell (since I did not see BCD). The mention of being friends with a particular mod and the fact they are all about right and wrong is very amusing. If that particular individual was about right and wrong why would they let someone who is using deceitful pics continue to do so, etc...

And before some funny boy accuses me of being a lap dog, etc..... you know what you can do with that statement. I never felt compelled to post about it until I saw the comment from that lady proclaiming a mods sense of right and wrong, etc. They should have just hushed since they are benefiting from that. The thread I am talking about was closed yesterday (coed)
  • 06-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Just let her know that you are offering this advice to help her. That you think accurate photos will certainly be better for business than leaving guys disappointed when they come to the door because they were expecting one thing and got another. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia

I doubt the truth of this, that the disappointment will cost her more money than the dishonest advertising will make. Unless, of course, someone posts it in coed and it starts costing more than a tiny fraction of seen clients.

I don't favor dishonest advertising, of course, but because it hurts shoppers, not advertisers.