Why was this thread closed? Can it be reopened?

• WTF
  • 07-20-2022, 01:52 PM
I asked about a couple of things.

1) Who was banned

2) Rational GDP discussion/distortions and hypocrisy.

Both were happening. I did not see the thread off topic.
  • WTF
  • 07-20-2022, 02:00 PM
Shit....here is the original post.

Default Who has been banned recently?
I haven't posted much of late because I'd finally gotten tired of all the lies and distortions.

And the baiting...

No rational discussion about the economy and the total hypocrisy by many.

But it would be nice to know who is in timeout
Here's a better question - why are you pushing the envelope? If I was a mod, I would be annoyed that you tried to start a new thread on the very same topic without first asking privately (via PM) why the previous one was closed.
next time start a thread name of potpourri

then people can post whatever the hell they want

that should flummox 'em, good
  • WTF
  • 07-20-2022, 04:54 PM
Here's a better question - why are you pushing the envelope? If I was a mod, I would be annoyed that you tried to start a new thread on the very same topic without first asking privately (via PM) why the previous one was closed. Originally Posted by lustylad
I took into account you weren't a Mod! (Thank God)

The thread had not gotten off topic...as I pointed out earlier. Don't you have a Hall to monitor?

And you are a perfect example of a baiter. You are trying to imply that I've somehow disrespected the Mod because I've asked a simple question....and you've totally ignored that I explained why I thought the thread wasn't off topic.
  • WTF
  • 07-20-2022, 04:55 PM
next time start a thread name of potpourri

then people can post whatever the hell they want

that should flummox 'em, good Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Make yourself useful and please provide a link to my thread...
And you are a perfect example of a baiter. You are trying to imply that I've somehow disrespected the Mod because I've asked a simple question.... Originally Posted by WTF
Nope.

If anyone is baiting, it's you. You're baiting the mods.

You could have asked them privately why the thread was closed, but instead you started this new thread publicly dissing them and trying to resume a conversation they halted.
One would think the staff would know if they are being disrespected or not.

I don’t think WTF is out of line, but apparently some of our master baiters do.

I suppose we’ll find out.

I do know (as do most everybody in this thread) that the software bans you automatically when your point total crosses a certain threshold. And helping others cross that threshold seems to be a raison d’etre for a lot of our members…many of whom currently are in the cooler.

If you don’t like this topic for the reasons you states, you can always pound the button.

But I’m sure staff has its eye on this thread.
One would think the staff would know if they are being disrespected or not.

I don’t think WTF is out of line, but apparently some of our master baiters do.

I suppose we’ll find out.

I do know (as do most everybody in this thread) that the software bans you automatically when your point total crosses a certain threshold. And helping others cross that threshold seems to be a raison d’etre for a lot of our members…many of whom currently are in the cooler.

If you don’t like this topic for the reasons you states, you can always pound the button.

But I’m sure staff has its eye on this thread. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
ya know I can't and why

Sir Op, is this the new list ????
ya know I can't and why Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
LOL. Me neither.
  • WTF
  • 07-21-2022, 12:38 PM
Nope.

If anyone is baiting, it's you. You're baiting the mods.

You could have asked them privately why the thread was closed, but instead you started this new thread publicly dissing them and trying to resume a conversation they halted. Originally Posted by lustylad
This is exactly one of the bullshit I was points talking about in my original post.

People like you (I believe the right call them "woke") all butt hurt over some precieved slight.

As much as you'd like to paint a picture of me dissing a Mod....there is nothing there. My past history would suggest I make it evident if I want to talk shit to a Mod.

This instance here isn't the case. I can see how at first glance it would appear that the thread was about who was banned. But it was also about numbnutted posters that fancied themselves as economist who do not even understand the concept of the Laffer Curve baiting other posters.

Now have a nice day and stfu with trying to tell me what I mean by my posts....or do you prefer I say hush up? I can do either one....but if you're just looking to get butt hurt, either one will probably upset you.
Why don't you just "reopen" it and you'll get your answer...instead of starting a thread about it.
  • WTF
  • 07-21-2022, 03:21 PM
Why don't you just "reopen" it and you'll get your answer...instead of starting a thread about it. Originally Posted by bb1961
Maybe I'm missing something in what you are trying to say

I can't reopen a thread.
As much as you'd like to paint a picture of me dissing a Mod....there is nothing there. My past history would suggest I make it evident if I want to talk shit to a Mod. Originally Posted by WTF
Ok, tough guy. You're way too much of a shit-talking tough guy to heed common sense. I merely explained why I would have felt dissed if I was a mod.

Do you ever stop and think what's more likely to elicit the result you want - whining in public or asking politely in private?

I can see how at first glance it would appear that the thread was about who was banned. But it was also about numbnutted posters that fancied themselves as economist who do not even understand the concept of the Laffer Curve baiting other posters. Originally Posted by WTF
No idea what you're babbling about now. Without getting yourself banned, can you be more specific about which posters seem to annoy you so much?
Maybe I'm missing something in what you are trying to say

I can't reopen a thread. Originally Posted by WTF
Yeah, but do they know that???