no AA at acedmy awards

THere is some upset that there are no black nominations or few at the academy awards

wtf?

this is what's wrong with Merica.
Maybe there are no nominees that were good enough to make it?
They have a AA president, Cheryl Boone Isaacs

and an AA host, Chris Rock

is it possible that the nominees are the best out there and no AA was good enough?

Lets not forget how few AA there are in films
2013 has AA characters were 14% of the speaking roles in the top 100 films

So I don't see racism, how many AA won a Fullbright scholarship?

There were some who should be included from the films I saw. Will Smith in Concussion. Michael B Jordan in Creed especially and possibly Corey Hawkins for Straight Outta Compton. It's no secret though that the people who make these picks don't even pay attention to shit, and have their spouses, gf/bf etc..picking shit.
There were some who should be included from the films I saw. Will Smith in Concussion. Michael B Jordan in Creed especially and possibly Corey Hawkins for Straight Outta Compton. It's no secret though that the people who make these picks don't even pay attention to shit, and have their spouses, gf/bf etc..picking shit. Originally Posted by super_delfin00
right, so you saw some films, not all of them?
so can't complare will smith to the people who were nominated cause you didnt see all the nominations or you did?
Except for Bryan Cranston in Trumbo I saw all the other movies in the best actor category. Maybe Matt Damon could get bumped for Will Smith or Michael B Jordan, but they would still lose to Eddie Redmayne or Leonardo DiCaprio. Those two took their roles to otherworldly levels.
Except for Bryan Cranston in Trumbo I saw all the other movies in the best actor category. Maybe Matt Damon could get bumped for Will Smith or Michael B Jordan, but they would still lose to Eddie Redmayne or Leonardo DiCaprio. Those two took their roles to otherworldly levels. Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
so you see how no rasim was involved?
the actors with the most merit were the ones nominated?
the pool of black actors seem so small, I would think it would be possible.....but I'm not sure...mostly just thinking outloud. per usual
THere is some upset that there are no black nominations or few at the academy awards

wtf?

this is what's wrong with Merica.
Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker
So, There are some upset that there are no black nominations.

Being black is not a requirement for a nomination.

This is about achievement, to think otherwise is just not correct thinking.

Being black should not be a requirement for any job, award or college placement.

Do the work, or get rejected. I don't think anyone can disagree. One may think they are due special treatment: it just isn't so.

JR
So, There are some upset that there are no black nominations.
Being black is not a requirement for a nomination.
This is about achievement, to think otherwise is just not correct thinking.
Being black should not be a requirement for any job, award or college placement.
Do the work, or get rejected. I don't think anyone can disagree. One may think they are due special treatment: it just isn't so.
JR Originally Posted by JRLawrence
That's the problem, that merit isnt being used as a reason for nominations.
its all about, give every race/gender an equal share
which is why I tried to find out how many of the people who could be nominated were AA, so I can realize it is a small pool, but the math logic does not stop jada smith from calling RACISM!
ok then, just give everyone a trophy...happy now?
S
Do the work, or get rejected. I don't think anyone can disagree. One may think they are due special treatment: it just isn't so. Originally Posted by JRLawrence
Jada smith and Spike Lee will disagree.
otherwise why are they boycotting the awards?
Writers, screen-writers, producers, directors and casting directors, draw from their own experiences and knowledge.

Until more people of color assume these positions, caucasians will dominate the oscars.

Just because a black person gives a good performance in... a Rocky spinoff, its still a Rocky spinoff.
Writers, screen-writers, producers, directors and casting directors, draw from their own experiences and knowledge.

Until more people of color assume these positions, caucasians will dominate the oscars.

Just because a black person gives a good performance in... a Rocky spinoff, its still a Rocky spinoff. Originally Posted by @rlo726
Didn't stop Stallone from being nominated.
Jada smith and Spike Lee will disagree.
otherwise why are they boycotting the awards? Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker
Because Will Smith didn't get nominated (and didn't win for The Pursuit of Happyness) and Jada is looking for a job (and maybe relevance).

They way they choose nominees and the eventual winner is kind of like a political caucus. The members of the academy (only about 5% are black and even fewer are Asian) put together a list of who they think should be the winner, second, and third. Someone can win a whole lot of third place finishes which you would think would get you a nom but they only can only choose so many so the one with the most first place finishes gets a nom, the one with the most second place finishes gets a nom, then third. Then they go back and start with the second place finisher among the first place nominees until they have their ten nominees. If there are duplicates then they go to the next one. Lets take Out of Compton; It could have picked up 20% of the first place noms, 30% of the second place noms, and 25% of the third place noms. Others finished ahead of it though in all three categories and if they get their ten before Compton comes up... Same thing for actors (most of which are over 50 years of age). I expect that in 40 years the Hispanic people will be complaining about all the awards given to black actors, directors, and writers. I didn't hear anything a few years ago when black actors scored big in the acting awards. In 2002 Denzel Washington and Hallie Berry won for best actor and best actress. In 2004 the last Lord of the Rings movie won for best picture (heavy dwarf turnout) but got ignored for the first two movies.

One real street crime was when Eddie Murphy (Dream Girls) lost to Alan Arkin (Little Miss Sunshine). That was some of the best work of Murphy's career and he lost because the academy thought that they owed one to Arkin for doing the same part that he always plays.
Was there any Asian ? Seriously though. People just need to look past the color thing.
If you aren't good enough to be nominated then so be it.
I'm Asian, lived here most of my live and if anything I see more reversed racism.
IMO the people who often pull the race cards are racists.
I don't think there was any oscar worthy performance by an Asian this year in an American film. Apparently the latinos got snubbed too.

This is a popularity contest with some objectivity. I'm quite sure there is a big difference between bad acting and outstanding as well gradations in-between but in the end there is no science or system to make it purely objective.

So I'm glad that Hollywood is just showing how fucked up they can be when they start accusing themselves of the same things they do on the world around them. Hollywood is filled with ignorant people who think they know best. Again glad they are fucking with themselves. They deserve it. Especially on such nonsense as an award show. Such pettiness. The right is just laughing with jizz spewing out of their nostrils. Utterly ridiculous. Have I made any sense? Perhaps some which is more than I can say about this controversy.

Thanks for playing devil's advocate BCPL. This was right up your alley.
Didn't stop Stallone from being nominated. Originally Posted by super_delfin00
The original Rocky, as awful as the acting and writing were, was nominated and won awards because of the novelty and popularity of the movie. I don't believe that any Rocky spinoff has won or even been nominated.

Coat tail an icon and you win nothing...
What is worse no AA'S nominated or 4-5 nominated but none of them wins?