Insurrection?

the forces of chaos advanced on the US capital on the day of the counting of the electoral votes. Protests had been ongoing ever since the election. Police officers were injured, building damaged, cars burned. No matter how much Al Gore tried to overturn the results of the 2000 election, his insurrection failed. the votes were counted and George W. Bush was declared president.
At least he eventually conceded the race, after the SCOTUS told him too - unlike Stacey Abrams - after which he hopped in to his private jet and flew to his sprawling estate and turned on every light in the joint.

the forces of chaos advanced on the US capital on the day of the counting of the electoral votes. Protests had been ongoing ever since the election. Police officers were injured, building damaged, cars burned. No matter how much Al Gore tried to overturn the results of the 2000 election, his insurrection failed. the votes were counted and George W. Bush was declared president. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
  • Tiny
  • 05-09-2022, 09:28 AM
the forces of chaos advanced on the US capital on the day of the counting of the electoral votes. Protests had been ongoing ever since the election. Police officers were injured, building damaged, cars burned. No matter how much Al Gore tried to overturn the results of the 2000 election, his insurrection failed. the votes were counted and George W. Bush was declared president. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Bush got 271 electoral votes. He needed 270 to win. And the popular vote margin, in Gore's favor, was 540,000 votes.

Trump lost in 2020 by 74 electoral votes and 7 million popular votes. It wasn't even close.

As to protests after the 2000 election, the only one I'm reading about is the Brooks Brothers riot, so named for the nattily attired Republican staffers who were responsible for the relatively minor violence and destruction.

Gore didn't tell his people to go to the Capitol to protest the electoral vote count.

Now is Gore, as Why_Yes_I_Do implies, a climate change hypocrite who would send us back to the stone age given half a chance? There's actually some merit in that argument.
- after which he hopped in to his private jet and flew to his sprawling estate and turned on every light in the joint. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Gore made the right move, conceding. Unfortunately he missed a chance to become a respected former holder of high Office, a la Jimmy Carter. Gore fucked away any lingering positive image he might have sustained.

I met the guy some years ago. Damn near broke my hand with his firm handshake. Ironically, Clinton's handshake is the complete opposite.
Can the OP prepare a detailed executive summary of the US Capitol riots of 2020 and 2000 ?
Include damage to Federal property and trespassing on Federal property.

Also include the actions of the respective candidates they were rioting for.

How many that participated in the year 2000 riot were arrested and found guilty by a jury of their peers ?
  • Tiny
  • 05-09-2022, 11:16 AM
Can the OP prepare a detailed executive summary of the US Capitol riots of 2020 and 2000 ?

How many that participated in the year 2000 riot were arrested and found guilty by a jury of their peers ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
You realize the 2000 riot was organized by Roger Stone and carried out largely by Republican staffers in Brooks Brothers suits? It wasn't much of a riot either. Some pushing and shoving and minor trampling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks_Brothers_riot
  • Tiny
  • 05-09-2022, 11:18 AM

How many that participated in the year 2000 riot were arrested and found guilty by a jury of their peers ? Originally Posted by VitaMan
You realize the 2000 riot was organized by Roger Stone and carried out largely by Republican staffers in Brooks Brothers suits? It wasn't much of a riot either. Some pushing and shoving and minor trampling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks_Brothers_riot

I believe the other protests, by Democrats and Republicans, were peaceful, but could be wrong.
That is why we are waiting for the OP to provide the executive summary of his rant.

Of course it will be slanted toward his favoritism of Republicans and his hatred for Democrats, and Clinton Gore in particular.
Trump lost in 2020 by 74 electoral votes and 7 million popular votes. It wasn't even close. Originally Posted by Tiny
Wanna buy a bridge?
Wanna buy a bridge? Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
He can’t afford one, but gullible enough to be talked into it.
Just reminding you all of what history says. I just get tired of all this January 6th bullshit including that Star Trek has gone woke.

Now there were unintended consequences to Gore's mental issues. Condi Rice has a meeting with her national security people to talk about one particular topic; Bin Laden and his threat to the country. That meeting was scheduled for September 11th. It had been rescheduled for months. Mainly because Bush and his people lost 42 days dealing with Gore who, I'll point out again, knew that he had lost the election. The only other state that may have given him a victory was his home state of Tennessee but there were no reports of voter fraud, rules changes, or other hanky panky. They didn't even say that there was stuff going on in Florida. It was all about those ballots which had been use for years. No, Gore had less standing than Trump. History says so. So, lets talk about Gore's Revolution in school today.
Bush got 271 electoral votes. He needed 270 to win. And the popular vote margin, in Gore's favor, was 540,000 votes.

Trump lost in 2020 by 74 electoral votes and 7 million popular votes. It wasn't even close.

As to protests after the 2000 election, the only one I'm reading about is the Brooks Brothers riot, so named for the nattily attired Republican staffers who were responsible for the relatively minor violence and destruction.

Gore didn't tell his people to go to the Capitol to protest the electoral vote count.

Now is Gore, as Why_Yes_I_Do implies, a climate change hypocrite who would send us back to the stone age given half a chance? There's actually some merit in that argument. Originally Posted by Tiny
On top of that,
Bush won 11 states that had voted Democratic in the 1996 election: Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio, Tennessee and West Virginia.

Florida
Total 5,963,110
Republican 2,912,790
Democrat 2,912,253
Independent 97,488

Gore literally lost the election by a little over 500 votes. But any of the previous mentioned Democratic 1996 states going blue would have won it also. Nevada was the next closest by a few thousand... Gore was denied a recount, which possibly could have changed the outcome. Over 61000 votes were missed by the tabulation machines.
He can’t afford one, but gullible enough to be talked into it. Originally Posted by bambino

You have tried to sell one for 18 months, and there have been no takers.
On top of that,
Bush won 11 states that had voted Democratic in the 1996 election: Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio, Tennessee and West Virginia.

Florida
Total 5,963,110
Republican 2,912,790
Democrat 2,912,253
Independent 97,488

Gore literally lost the election by a little over 500 votes. But any of the previous mentioned Democratic 1996 states going blue would have won it also. Nevada was the next closest by a few thousand... Gore was denied a recount, which possibly could have changed the outcome. Over 61000 votes were missed by the tabulation machines. Originally Posted by royamcr
Don't lie. Gore had several recounts. The first one was automatic, the second was free and by request, the third ones were of the counties themselves and then there were 21 other recounts after the election was over and Bush won every one of them. Shouldn't you give the same respect to Trump?
No.