Iran cash transfer illegal?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cr...stom_click=rss

Senators Cruz & Lee think Obama's cash transfer was illegal.
no it's not. lol
I will let Obama explain it again. Pay attention:

About what you should expect from Cruz
Of course it was illegal. Transferring money from the US to Iran is illegal (but they didn't use dollars...) and exchanging money from one currency to another to avoid a US law is money laundering. Take whichever road you want, it was illegal.
Of course it was illegal. Transferring money from the US to Iran is illegal (but they didn't use dollars...) and exchanging money from one currency to another to avoid a US law is money laundering. Take whichever road you want, it was illegal. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

^ Read below and weep.

Barack Obama:

Which brings me to my last point. The reason we had to give them cash is because we are so strict in maintaining sanction answers we don't have a banking relationships with Iran that we couldn't send them a check. We could not wire the money.

And it is not at all clear to me why it is that cash as opposed to a check or a wire transfer has made this into a news story. Maybe because it feels like some spy novel or you know, some crime novel. Because cash was exchanged.

The reason cash was exchanged is because we don't have banking with Iran. Which is part of the pressure we could apply to them, so they would close down a bunch of facilities that, as I remember, two years ago, three years ago, five years ago, was people's top fear and priority, that we make sure Iran doesn't have breakout nuclear capacity. They don't. This worked
. - Barack Obama
^ Read below and weep.

Barack Obama:
Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Don't you have anything more credible, Sissy Chap? Odumbo is the clown that lied and said "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" and "it was the video", Sissy Chap.
If I recall correctly, should this 400 million Euro transaction be approve by
Congress, considering the sanctions weren't lifted and the nuclear agreement with Iran was never approved.
Please post the law that allows for this ransom payment to Iran, Fisting Chap.
It's legal because BO says it is?
It's legal because BO says it is? Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
For obvious reasons, irrespective of any political beliefs regarding Cruz, the opinion of Cruz as a legal scholar carries more weight than Obaminable, whose "batting average" is embarrassingly low in the "legal department" (not to mention he's the one committing the crime [do we take criminal's word for the legality of their criminal acts?]).

Harvard Law, Professor Alan Dershowitz said, "Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant".
When the President does it, that means it is not illegal - Richard Nixon.

But really, if Obama pulled out a copy of the Constitution and took a dump on it, the DOJ would be OK with it.
Yes, it was illegal. This article gives a great explanation. http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...ding-cash-iran

At a press conference Thursday, Obama remarkably explained, “The reason that we had to give them cash is precisely because we are so strict in maintaining sanctions and we do not have a banking relationship with Iran.” Really Mr. President? The whole point of sanctions is to prohibit and punish certain behavior. If you — especially you, Mr. President — do the precise thing that the sanctions prohibit, that is a strange way of being “so strict in maintaining” them.
Of course it was illegal. Transferring money from the US to Iran is illegal (but they didn't use dollars...) and exchanging money from one currency to another to avoid a US law is money laundering. Take whichever road you want, it was illegal. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Thank you Justice Barleycorn...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
Do you have proof to the contrary, AssupPoser? If so, please post. If not, STFU.