What do you think?

I have put together a few things and know the RW identity of a hobbiest on this board. One of the top reviewers.
I would never out someone but should I tell him that he is making it too easy to figure out?

What do you think?
If you are serious, I would suggest you mind your own business, and I don't mean it in a rude way. Too many on these boards talk too much about their personal lives and they would make it very easy for someone who knows them, to actually know who they are, so I believe in personal responsibility. Last thing you need is to come off as someone who may out someone.

Live and let live.
1) You might be wrong in your guess.
2) You might be accused of threatening to "Out" this person even though you are attempting to help them.
3) They might continue to hound you and interject on your board postings as a response to a the threat that you appear to be to them.
I agree with Camille, it would be better to just keep quiet and keep that information to yourself.
As for threatening to out someone, both parties may have the same things to lose.
Hush hush, voices carry!

IB
  • tron
  • 06-27-2015, 02:14 PM
If you are putting things together, then it looks like you are putting some effort into determining RW identities. That's really not cool, and you may have just posted a self alert.

An alternative example is a few years ago a provider sent a broadcast email to many or all of her clients, and had the email addresses in the To: and CC:, not BCC. Everyone who got the email could see everyone else's email address. Many were work emails or identifiable ones.

I emailed the provider and said that it wasn't a good thing to do - at least use BCC instead.

If you got your info from a 3rd party like that, then suggesting to whoever the source is that they be more careful may be worthwhile. Still, unsolicited advice often creates hard feelings.
Putting effort in? Absolutely not. Just something to happen to notice. You're right though, I'm just going to not say anything. There is a chance I'm wrong. This was never meant to be malicious, just a question what would you do.
Nothing, ".".
I have put together a few things and know the RW identity of a hobbiest on this board. One of the top reviewers.
I would never out someone but should I tell him that he is making it too easy to figure out?

What do you think? Originally Posted by Deznuttz
I think Whispers is having a tough time with his ban.
At least purchase a handle with a few more post then just 5.......to give more credibility?

Next!

IB
Whoa, not whispers. I can't stand the dude. It was just a question. I would never try to hurt anyone. I have as much at stake as everyone else.

It probably is a coincidence the more I think about it.
I can't say what it was that made Me think that, but it's not new and have thought it for a while.

But I see I should have not have started this thread.
but it is something to think about, keep your hobby life separate from you personal life.
Maybe, maybe not! Unfortunately ever new handle is suspect especially with the intaganistic styling that you started out with. Every single post has that signature of said intaganist, maybe just dumb luck.

IB
Wow, I should have just not asked the question. I realize now how sore of a subject this is. No ill will or malicious intent at all.

Mods, I have got spanked and learned my lesson.
Please close.

Ps I'm not winpers. Saying thats worse than talking about my moma.
I would want to know. I would think that anyone would want to know if something they had said or done was too careless.

I don't think anyone would want it out here in public.

I would suggest that you draft a message to him and put exactly what he said that led you to the judgment you made but do not name the name you came up with. Make it non threatening and do not state any possible implication. Just the facts.

If he does not respond respect that and move on. If he does you will need to decide what to say next.
Interesting, you joined on the 22nd and have already identified one of our members? I am impressed and VERY interested in your background and where you gained such awesome skills......tell me more!