Throw-away phones???

I've encountered a few problems with my hobby phone down here. I usually use MetroPcs, but it's giving me difficulties. It will delay messages as much as an hour or so.

I do not and will unlikely ever use google voice again. So please don't advice that.

My question is: why? Which option is best down here? Cricket?

Thanks in advance.

Besos,

Emary Preston
If you absolutely do not want to have to register it under your name and want a pay as you go: TracPhone

If you don't mind registering etc: cricket is a good option.
Trac-phone, GoPhone, hell, you can even get a sim from T-Mobile that lasts for a month and pop it into any GSM unlocked phone. Tons of options, even more if you have a smartphone and can use apps like textplus/nextplus, burner, or line and get a virtual number that uses your data instead of phone (like google voice does).

Take a stroll through Target or WalMart or your favorite AppStore.
Thank you, I will head to Wally World soon.
  • Bach
  • 07-08-2015, 01:00 AM
iPhone "Burner" app. It's the best.
Burner is not good for business, it automatically terminates your number in 7 days.
Burner is good for BP and that's about it, if you plan on seeing providers or clients more than once, complete pain in the ass.
You can get just about any pay-as-you-go phone, pay cash, and register with a fake name. No need to ever give your personal info. Virgin mobile had been working fine for me.
I used a T-Mobile burner for quite some time but it was only good for calls and text - I didn't need more than that. I never had to register the phone and once I activated it I received my phone number. It worked well here in Austin.
True story. I lost one of my iPhone's and a week later got a message it was found. The guy basically wanted a $50 reward. Not. I don't play the reward game. I tracked him down and when I realized he had the same cell phone number for 6 years I had a better idea. Walgreens alway has prepaid cell phones on clearance so I bought 6 and setting them up was really easy and painless. The reason for 6 phones was to create 6 Craig's List accounts so I could post ads for him in major cities in the good ol USA under M4M for 2+ months. Although childish and immature it was funny and he never knew it was me. He did lower the reward to $25 but the laughter was worth the cost of the iPhone and the six others x 10 so I ignored him. I bet I got over 1000 emails from guys saying "I texted you my pics. Text me back babe. Are you a top or bottom"? The carrier I used with the prepaid phones was Ready Mobile and they have dirt cheap plans for $20 a month. Best place to buy the plans is at Dollar General. PS. Please pardon any ssssppppellllling or grammatical errors. Typing this while kinda driving but I really do drive better when I have sent a couple of text occifer.