Interesting crowd at tonight's north side happy hour meet and greet

"Yes, I could fall into those!" someone said. And the young lady blushed.

"Dirty old man," I said, introducing myself.

Possibly a third of the crowd new to the crew and a bunch frim outside Austin at that.

Per the usual you may out your own attendacnce but no one else's.
Yay!!!!! Thank you ck for putting this together. It is an AWESOME group.
I could not make the north one but will be at the south one, want to meet some southies.

IB
Yes, those were the most beautiful brown eyes, on the prettiest face, with the biggest and friendly smile that one could imagine. I fell in love with that sweet lady--I fall in love once a week with a new lady, I am just wired funny, but really enjoy the variety of the hobby.

Great Social and thank you CK for hosting this top-notch event this evening.
Dang! Couldn't get an invite to this. Maybe next month?!?
It was good seeing the early birds
I had so much fun meeting you all today! North side be damned, you can be my homies, too!

Much love from the south side! xoxoxo

See you soon?
hey ck thank you....enjoy it
Im glad I made it out...
So glad to have the privilege to meet some of the
beautiful ladies and lovely Gentleman.
Thanks CK
Yes, those were the most beautiful brown eyes, on the prettiest face, with the biggest and friendly smile that one could imagine. I fell in love with that sweet lady--I fall in love once a week with a new lady, I am just wired funny, but really enjoy the variety of the hobby.

Great Social and thank you CK for hosting this top-notch event this evening. Originally Posted by BugleBoy
I have to agree BB those were some Pretty eyes from EP thanks for coming and introducing yourself. I also fell in love again or is that every week now
  • Loxly
  • 07-09-2015, 11:13 AM
Holy Doo Doo CK-man! Great mix with some of the newer folks showing up and the established crowd.

And thanks to some of the OGs for taking shy newbies around for introductions. Remember, you're a stranger only once.
Candidly, after some research and some reflection (and visiting with a new red head in San Antonio over an extended lunch today carried a certain effect), one big reason for last night's dynamic was

1) a very balanced group of ladies (16) and gents (18)

2) size of the group (about a dozen fewer than expected; traffic and other RW issues!)

3) more opportunity to visit one-on-one

which I feel made everything function more harmoniously.

Groups much larger than that make it difficult for someone who can spend only 30 or 45 minutes there to meet everyone much less spend more than a few minutes with any one or two persons.

The fellowship, camaraderie and networking opportunities are what have kept our community events going since 2002.

As expected, not many of the usual "southies" attended. But that is very OK as the south side happy hour later this month will give the "southies" much the same feel imo.

Each of venues can easily accommodate larger gatherings and indeed have in the past and likely in the future. But given the dynamic last night, there is no absolute to greatly expand the invitation list.

Most people seem to attend every other event or so, which aids in keeping the group "fresh." Since many visitors and folks new to the community attend, the dynamic continues.

The invite list is consolidated and broken down by geography.

But if you don't have fight the Austin traffic beast on the MoPac or I-35 ... need I say more!

Very much enjoyed the new folks and equally so the veterans last night.

= = = = =

Our community meet and greets are just that.

Not really a "social."

They are all about Community.

Open to all who are properly vouched and agree to respect the event rules. (see link in my signature)

Yes, some socializing, but much more like an after-work get together than a party.

Our community parties are for special event times...

Hollow Weenie, xxxmass, New Year's and maybe a couple other "themes."
Dang! Couldn't get an invite to this. Maybe next month?!? Originally Posted by Shuttleman
While I make a concerted effort to entice the ladies, the gents must be a bit more proactive.

Some ladies are quite generous in sending me pre-vouches for gents to attend and many of those gents do attend.

Otherwise it is up to the gents to ask the ladies to send a vouch.

What the lady needs to tell me is

1) the gent sessioned within the past 90 days and respected her rules, and

2) she believes the gent will respect the event rules (link in my signature).
  • quzi
  • 07-09-2015, 04:50 PM
Flight delays kept me from getting there earlier but I made it. Thanks CK for arranging these events!