The Wealth Gap Between Rich And Poor Is The Widest Ever Recorded

Still think capitalism is working for the 99%? Take a look at this:

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...st-in-decades/

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...st-in-decades/ Originally Posted by SassySue
One of the real ironies in this whole scenario is our institutions of higher learning, (universities), are charging more and more for worthless degrees that prepare young people for nothing in the real world work force.

On top of that, they force young people into draconian student loan debt that is akin to buying a house and then having to live on the street.

The middle class is gone because middle class jobs are gone.

Sitting in a cubicle in front of a keyboard 8 hours a day for $35,000 a year is the "new norm".

God help us if someone actually learned a skilled trade.

Oh, I forgot. We have the Mexicans for those.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...st-in-decades/
Originally Posted by SassySue
Actually, little girl, the Human Development Index (HDI) value indicates that the 99% are enjoying one of the highest standard of livings in the world!!!
One of the real ironies in this whole scenario is our institutions of higher learning, (universities), are charging more and more for worthless degrees that prepare young people for nothing in the real world work force.

On top of that, they force young people into draconian student loan debt that is akin to buying a house and then having to live on the street.

Sitting in a cubicle in front of a keyboard 8 hours a day for $35,000 a year is the "new norm".

Oh, I forgot. We have the Mexicans for those. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Yes, I have to agree, there are not enough high paying jobs to go around after college. Then these kids are strapped with all the student loan debt. There is no possible way to get ahead. It's a no win scenario and very sad. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I recall seeing a documentary in which a young college graduate had to work three minimum wage jobs to pay off her student loan debt and support herself. I encouraged my daughter to become a nurse, and, fortunately, she enjoys it. So, because the field is lucrative, she was able to easily secure a job in that field and it pays well. She still has student loan debt of about 20k or so, since I was only able to fund her housing costs.
The OP is demonstrably a jealous and greedy little ignoramus. Her extremist notions about "how bad it is in the U.S." have, in every instance, been factually repudiated. Nevertheless, she remains green with envy that she didn't achieve the same level of success as the most successful, and she willfully ignores that her ignorant ass has clean water as well as electricity to run her refrigerator and air conditioning, and that she doesn't live in a grass hut in the jungles of Mexico sweeping dirt floor with a banana frond with half a dozen unwashed and nearly naked children running around her as she works.
Actually, little girl, the Human Development Index (HDI) value indicates that the 99% are enjoying one of the highest standard of livings in history!!! Originally Posted by I B Hankering
ftfy .. no charge.

so sillypoo sue, show me a better model? this model lifted the world into the modern age we know today. don't bash something you don't believe in, just because you don't believe in it. at least propose some better .. if you can.

oh by the way, it's capitalism that's going to buy your condo in Costa Rica. and all you had to do was suck 10,000 cocks to do it! i call that a win, don't you?

Oh, I forgot. We have the Mexicans for those. Originally Posted by Jackie S
DUUUUUUUUUUDE.

This needs to be posted on every high school and college front door in the USA. I can't tell you how many conversations I've had with family and co-workers who have bought into the college is the way to go dream and when they or their loved ones graduate with a "general studies" degree and a 2.5 gpa and surprised when they can't find a decent job.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/201...st-in-decades/ Originally Posted by SassySue
This is a real problem, not caused by capitalism, but caused by the government getting in bed with the bankers and the huge corporations. This problem is caused by government, not the market. We don't have a free market, except among small businesses that don't piss off the big guys.

This situation has preceded the downfall of many empires. We will be next.

Sue is right. Pay attention.
The government took over all student loans so those that are foolish enough to take the money will forever be in debt to the government even more so than what the government has placed on them for all of the deficit spending and borrowing against their ability to pay taxes for the rest of their lives.
The government is double fucking them and they cannot see it happening.

A skilled tradesman such as an electrician makes about 30 bucks and hour plus fringe benefits depending on their affiliation to union or nonunion. This is well over 60K annually if they only work straight tiem. Many make much more than that often reaching into the 6 figure range. Training takes about as long as a college education, is done on the job and in the classroom, and they make money while learning their trade owing nothing for that education.

The government does not push this in the public education system and only pushes for college prep and eternal debt to the government.
The government took over all student loans so those that are foolish enough to take the money will forever be in debt to the government even more so than what the government has placed on them for all of the deficit spending and borrowing against their ability to pay taxes for the rest of their lives.
The government is double fucking them and they cannot see it happening.

A skilled tradesman such as an electrician makes about 30 bucks and hour plus fringe benefits depending on their affiliation to union or nonunion. This is well over 60K annually if they only work straight tiem. Many make much more than that often reaching into the 6 figure range. Training takes about as long as a college education, is done on the job and in the classroom, and they make money while learning their trade owing nothing for that education.

The government does not push this in the public education system and only pushes for college prep and eternal debt to the government. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Yes, I have to agree that skilled trade jobs are not encouraged the way they should be with young people. A lot of them are told a Bachelors Degree and/or even a Ph.D. is the only way to succeed now. My daughter is a registered nurse and she is doing well. She can always get a job. Doesn't have a whole lot of student debt either, only about 20k left now.
Meanwhile, medical school students in some states face student loan debt upwards of half a million bucks as they enter residency.

System is seriously fucked up.
Meanwhile, medical school students in some states face student loan debt upwards of half a million bucks as they enter residency.

System is seriously fucked up. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yep. Did you know that in France, college is free, all the way through medical school?
Yep. Did you know that in France, college is free, all the way through medical school? Originally Posted by SassySue

Did you know that France sucks?
It is not free, nothing is free, somebody is paying for it.
The government cannot do anything without first taking money from the people.

What part of 19 trillion in debt and no way to pay it back do you liberals not understand.

We do not have the money to support what we are already obligated.

Of course your answer is higher taxes meaning take from the people and give it to somebody else that is not paying.

The answer is not higher taxes and bigger government. It is the problem.
It is not free, nothing is free, somebody is paying for it.
The government cannot do anything without first taking money from the people.

What part of 19 trillion in debt and no way to pay it back do you liberals not understand.

We do not have the money to support what we are already obligated.

Of course your answer is higher taxes meaning take from the people and give it to somebody else that is not paying.

The answer is not higher taxes and bigger government. It is the problem. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Mhmm. Guess that's why our system works so well.