Got mine

• Toyz
  • 10-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Got my Who tickets Friday and my Fleetwood Mac tickets today. Spring concert calendar is fleshing out nicely.
I love that little blond twirling gypsy. I know they still put on one hell of a show. Love the ladies, love the music of that era.

• Toyz
  • 10-20-2014, 01:08 PM
Ahhhh Linda Ronstadt. No one ever looked better in cut offs...ever.
Nope. No one.

I called exactly at 10;00 today directly into Texas Box office as I didn't want to pay the scalper company. I was on hold 20 min. Meanwhile I went on line and the best available seats were already up in the Mezz for 79.00. Those dicks once again bought up all the good tickets. I guess I'll bite the bullet and go on line with Stub Hub and pay 400.00+ plus a damn ticket for a 150.00 ticket.
  • Toyz
  • 10-20-2014, 09:18 PM
I called exactly at 10;00 today directly into Texas Box office as I didn't want to pay the scalper company. I was on hold 20 min. Meanwhile I went on line and the best available seats were already up in the Mezz for 79.00. Those dicks once again bought up all the good tickets. I guess I'll bite the bullet and go on line with Stub Hub and pay 400.00+ plus a damn ticket for a 150.00 ticket. Originally Posted by derek303
NO FUCKING SHIT!

Same story...and I complained today. I sent an email to TBox office asking how is it possible that at the CONCERT VENUE all you had was the 79 tickets but any scalper could pick up a tire one ticket online?. I bought some of the 79 tickets cause that's all they had at the venue.

I explained to her that for the Sir Paul McCartney concert I was online at 10AM with an account and card ready to go and got shut out! Thye sold out everything while I sat in a queue. But amazingly all the ticket resellers had tickets. I would up dropping$480 for two mez seats at an extreme up charge.

Something is foul with TEX box office...

She responded with "maybe we need to rethink our policy, but most tickets are sold online" I again explained the only reason I drove down there, screwed with parking and all the construction, was because I got SHUT OUT the last time I tried to use their online site and thought that they would have tickets there...
Those dicks once again bought up all the good tickets. I guess I'll bite the bullet and go on line with Stub Hub and pay 400.00+ plus a damn ticket for a 150.00 ticket. Originally Posted by derek303
How do you suppose they're snipping them all so efficiently? If your business model depended on getting all the good seats before anyone else got a crack at 'em, what would you do to make sure you could?
Well, I'd be willing to bet that they have access to all the pre-sales, which is where the majority of the "good" seats are sold these days. Between the "fan" pre-sales, and the CC company pre-sales and the venue donor/frequent buyer pre-sales, and all the tickets reserved for radio station give-aways, over half of the tickets are already sold weeks before the general public gets a crack at tickets.
  • Toyz
  • 10-21-2014, 06:44 AM
Well, I'd be willing to bet that they have access to all the pre-sales, which is where the majority of the "good" seats are sold these days. Between the "fan" pre-sales, and the CC company pre-sales and the venue donor/frequent buyer pre-sales, and all the tickets reserved for radio station give-aways, over half of the tickets are already sold weeks before the general public gets a crack at tickets. Originally Posted by FoulRon
In a way I miss he days if showing up at midnight and being in line to get front row tickets for the Stones.

Now ACL Live you can be at the box office the morning tkts go in sale and get good seats. I got 4th row center tkts for soldnout John Fogarty at face value last year.

I think Texas Box office is in league with the resellers.
I am no fan of government and believe that the market should monitor itself...in most cases. This is NOT one of them. The whole secondary ticket sales industry needs a federal rectal exam. Imagine any other industry working like this one. "Hey, I'd really like the new iPhone 7, but they are all sold out. Oh wait, this guy has twenty of them for $1500 a pop!" No one would stand for it. Why do people put up with this shit? As long as lemmings continue to pay exorbitant, market distorted prices or until someone in authority busts all these assholes who suck off the economy and create nothing of value, this stuff is going to continue. Individual scalpers will always be difficult to control but these large ticket agencies should all go away.
I am no fan of government and believe that the market should monitor itself...in most cases. This is NOT one of them. Originally Posted by TerraFirma
Agreed. IMHO, if someone at TX Box Office is getting kickbacks from the scalpers, that's not the free market, that's fraud. Of course, as extremely likely as it is, it's speculation until there's proof. One of the most legitimate roles of government is, IMO, the investigation of fraud. Fraud makes informed consent impossible and hence is antithetical to a free market.