HPV vacine for adults - including men

HPV vaccine Link

OK, way too much data online for me to have a solid idea of the issues involved. Opinions on HPV vaccine for adults? From a quick sweep it seems like a good idea. Anyone more up on this?
From the article:
HPV: The vaccine protects against Human Papilloma virus, which can cause genital warts, cervical, anal, vaginal & vulvar cancers.

The shot is recommended for young adult females and males up to age 26. Anyone older than 26 who has not received the vaccination should speak their doctor or MinuteClinic practitioner about getting it now.
As I understand it, the vaccine is primarily effective for those who are sexually INACTIVE, or not already exposed to the virus. I think that's why the target is 26 years & younger. If you already have the disease, the vaccine doesn't do much.

Who among us started having bareback sex before age 26? And most of the kids these days seem to start with BBBJs. ijs
It is one of the most absurd recommendation I've heard. We (as society) over vaccinate. We are really doing nature a huge mis-service and in the long run do more harm than good to the human race. Diseases and virus are natures way of maintaining balance. By vaccinating, you only encourage mutation and the ever dangerous introduction of a super-virus or super disease.