Juarez 2014

Sometimes I get so tempted to go over there especially when I see articles like this:
http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/features/...ack-4030.shtml

So has anyone had the guts to go over there lately? Have you had any issues whatsoever? I have a bad feeling this is just media hype, but I hope I am wrong. What say you?
I haven't returned but many of my friends have been going back for about a year now.
Ah, c'mon one person? Really?
Coming down for the texas tech/utep game this year. Hope to go over
I go about once a month and have never had any problems, I usually walk across during the day and get back before it gets dark though.
Ive been going about twice a month average for about a year now its totally different from say 2 years ago or so when you would see soldiers in every corner and cops everywhere now the city seems back to normal or maybe even better than normal, been seeing a lot of improvements. The one thing that will be missed is the red light district, that part is leveled to the ground.
Any recommendations for places within walking distance?
Good question. Are there still girls whistling at you from every corner?
well, there's a lot of construction over on that side right now and the girls whistling usually come out at night so most are not up for a nightly walk (if you know what i mean)...and as far as walking distance there is one "massage" parlor very close by the downtown bridge named cleopatras and a few more through BOTA (although these are about 2-3 miles away, possibly a lil more)
I'm bumping this because the old lady is not putting out and I'm low on cash for a few months. Is there any place to go for cheap thrills or is it still dangerous at night?
na, hisman...its a lot better than what it used to be...although there is still a lot of construction...but cleopatras is about 3 blocks down from the downtown bridge.