Malware

Every time that I log on to this site, a popup tells me that if I proceed my laptop can become infected because of malware.

Any reason why i'm getting this popup?
same here, looks like firefox group has added eccie.net to their list of malware sites.
Yup, same here. Anytime I try navigating from page to page it pops up and takes me to another screen stating that ECCIE is a "Reported Attack Site". So...?
Admin is aware of the situation and are working on it. i will keep you posted.
Me too...I had to go into my history to log on........however.....there is a malware icon on the bottom of my screen..........so...do I have malware........my son in law 'made' this computer for me.......he is quite the nerd...................does that mean I am protected?
I use Firefox and I went to the offending party's site and in the FAQ area ~~> it said to go into the toolbar and simply uncheck the "Block Reported Sites" box and it will fix the pop-up issue.

I dunno if that's the wisest move...??
I'll wait. He'll be here later this evening to visit. I'll have him look at it. He is way computer smart.
  • Mokoa
  • 09-18-2010, 11:41 AM
All pertinent information on this issue can be found in the Technical forum in this thread...

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=100969

Also...

It takes a while before all of the various browsers become aware of the update to the "reported sites" list that added this site to the list. That is why some browsers have the issue and some do not. When the issue was first reported the browser I use, Firefox, had no issue. It took over 24 hours before I started experiencing the issue. By that same token, it may take a while before all of the browsers become aware the update to the "reported site" list that removes this site from the list.

So, it is being handled.

And...

Patience is a virtue.
Well, I don't know who this " Patience " chica is but some of us prefer women without virtues...you know, the morally reprehensible type. Yeah, them. Yumz!

Don't know what the hell that has to do with anything but I just thought you'd like to know.

my IE is clear and working just fine.
I'm currently using Webroot Spy Sweeper and Trend Micro AntiVirus