dentist who barters?

i have a broken molar right now and have ne insurance i am looking for a dentist who will do some work for a trade or series of trades depending on how much work needs to be done any body know any one?
I'll get started on that correspondance dental school right away. Can imagine how cute you are with a case of the nitrous giggles...
i have a broken molar right now and have ne insurance i am looking for a dentist who will do some work for a trade or series of trades depending on how much work needs to be done any body know any one? Originally Posted by Sarah Owens
Don't know of one that "barters" so to speak... but you are wise to prioritize your oral health.

You may want to try UTSA's Medical Center (Department of Dentistry). Here's a direct link. http://dental.uthscsa.edu/ I've heard some good reports on how they assist folks w/o insurance or other
income issues. Because the Dental School in SA is so well ranked nationally, I'd be reasonably comfortable considering this approach if I wasn't covered by ins. Good luck... and keep smiling (once you're feeling better / hopefully soon). .
The dental school is a good place, but things there happen REAL slowly. Let's face it, the students are beginners, and to do quality work, they end up working at a very slow pace. Plus every step along the way needs a check off from an instructor who is also busy with other students.

Alamojo is very correct. Your oral health is really important...more than you may realize....don't put this off.
Good advice re the dental school. But, having the students do can take a long long time. It still costs some money, pretty serious money, if you are looking at root canal or crown.

Another alternative is also at the dental school. They have a faculty practice clinic, where you can see the dentists that are on the dental school faculty. You still need to pay, but the fees are very modest compared to private dentists. Not quite as low fees as the dental students, but still pretty low.

you can pm if you want for a faculty dentist recommendation--I think you pretty much need one to get into the faculty practice clinic
thanks to every one for the advice i am making an apt with the dental school