Vehicle Repair Questions

I have a suburban and the ABS light and TC light (with a slash through it) came on today. What does that mean? Suggestions on how to fix it myself? Also where would be a good place to get auto parts for a decent price (online or local) preferably new with warranty. I am also needing a cluster (mine keeps malfunctioning and makes the speedometer go nuts).

Yes this 6 month pregnant woman is going to attempt to repair her own vehicle lol! The cluster shouldn't be any issue. Hopefully the other repairs aren't difficult. I'm so tired of being screwed over by repair places (charging so much for labor) so I'd prefer to learn to do it.

Thank you for your time.

Malaya
  • nushi
  • 04-19-2014, 09:00 PM
Some good info here:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...6115705AAUVy8p

Re: ABS and TC
First check your brake fluid level.
Otherwise, you may really need a mechanic.
PM sent
Thank you! I'm going to take it tomorrow to Autozone to run the codes. I just got my oil changed and they said they topped off the fluids just a few weeks ago. I paid almost $90. Do they do brake fluid too? Or did they miss it?
Look at your maintenance order/form. It will state if your brake fluid is something that is included in their service.

Checked all of the fluids may not include ALL of the fluids.
  • DMike
  • 04-19-2014, 11:40 PM
cheapest place to buy parts is ebay
I would never buy parts from eBay what if you get the wrong thing, what a hassle not to mention that it takes a while to get them. Sometimes can be no return auction and then you are stuck. I buy a lot of things off ebay for many years, as I have a jewelry and knick knack shop close to downtown.