Out Of The Game For Awhile......

• lat
  • 05-16-2014, 02:27 PM
I had a bit of misfortune, I developed a torn retina in my right eye I mean a big one from 11:00-6:00 my doc. said one of the biggest he's seen,

Now how did it happen ? I been seeing my eye doctor at the Ochsner in Covington every year cause I did have weak spots in my retinas,not knowing it was treatable with surgery but that's water under the bridge now .

I was glade when it happen I was haveing my 6 month checkup and I told my regular doc my sight was a little blurry in my right eye so they sent me right to New Orleans, I had surgery that next morning on the 5th and two rounds of laser surgery .

So far with Gods help and staying positive my doc says I am progressing well.
Take care y'all and be safe ....

Lat......
Hope all goes well Lat. My friend was legally blind and had surgery there many years ago. She now has 20:30 eye sight. They probably have new equipment by now too, lol.

A speedy recovery. May the eye gods be with you. We shall see you post again, I am sure.
My prayers are with you! Wish you a speedy recovery sweetie.
Take care of those peepers, and YOU. Speedy recovery blessings to you.
Good Luck!!!
hugs and well wishes my friend!
Get well soon--eyes are scary. Everyone legitimately freaks out when something sudden happens to eye-sight, b/c when it does, it means something is badly wrong. I'm really glad you were in a place to have it taken care of right away. Best wishes.
Good luck and best wishes! I hope and pray everything heals up quickly. I had my own scare and was supposed to be in the hospital for 4-6 months, and not even 3 weeks later I was out. And will be going back to work soon! Take care and get well soon!
Good luck and best wishes! I hope and pray everything heals up quickly. I had my own scare and was supposed to be in the hospital for 4-6 months, and not even 3 weeks later I was out. And will be going back to work soon! Take care and get well soon! Originally Posted by baloo6878
I've been wondering how you were getting along as well--I knew you'd had something come up awhile back & were taking yourself off of ECCIE for awhile. I'm very glad to hear you're doing well.
Sorry to hear about the eye emergency Lat. Recover fully and fast! These women will be lonely without you!
Wish you the best recovery man
  • lat
  • 05-25-2014, 02:45 PM
I had a bit of misfortune, I developed a torn retina in my right eye I mean a big one from 11:00-6:00 my doc. said one of the biggest he's seen,

Now how did it happen ? I been seeing my eye doctor at the Ochsner in Covington every year cause I did have weak spots in my retinas,not knowing it was treatable with surgery but that's water under the bridge now .

I was glade when it happen I was haveing my 6 month checkup and I told my regular doc my sight was a little blurry in my right eye so they sent me right to New Orleans, I had surgery that next morning on the 5th and two rounds of laser surgery .

So far with Gods help and staying positive my doc says I am progressing well.
Take care y'all and be safe ....

Lat...... Originally Posted by lat

Well thanks for all of the well wishes. I am on the mend and was cleared to drive but only around in my town for now, the idle time on my hands has been killing me, I can't, go offshore, workout, or go to work even no yard work, so y'all know the itch has been on me to hobby, hell I even miss going to visions, maybe I will have to figure something out .....

Lat....
I feel you Lat! I spent 3 weeks in the hospital, and have been home a couple of months and I am about to go nuts! Im actually wanting to go back to work! Glad to hear you are doing better.
Glad both of you are doing better. I had the reverse happen to me. I am healthy but my SO had surgery. I was taking care of her at home, working from home, seeing kids off to school and being there when they got home, seeing them get to whatever afternoon activity that was planned. I had zero free time, acting basically as both parents plus caring for my SO and her dicomfort. That went on for 4-6 weeks, when I had no hobby time. The body and mind were able, but the clock said no. I was going stir crazy towards the end.
God speed to u dawgs on the mend. miss the vision updates homie!