OBAMA ADMINISTRATION DOES SOMETHING RIGHT !

It's a baby step; but in the right direction.....

Hunt for oil and gas to begin off East Coast

The Obama administration opened up the Atlantic to oil and gas exploration for the first time in nearly four decades on Friday.

The announcement from Interior's Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) allows the use of air guns and sonic sensors to search off of the East Coast.

It is a major step toward allowing future drilling in the Atlantic, which has remained off-limits for over 30 years.

While the decision doesn't guarantee that lease sales for drilling in Atlantic waters will be included in the Interior Department's five-year plan for 2017-2022, it is a step in that direction.

Read more: http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...#ixzz37rRk1Fto
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
Something to help the American people... Thanks Obama!
What took so long? Waiting to cash those checks from the environmentalists?
This was a good move that was smart, politically - but 5 years out...that's a long time!!!!
You lose points for putting things off. This one should have been made in 2009. If it had then we would be getting the benefits now.
Better late than never but I can only assume that it was politically motivated. Either way I'll take it as long as he doesn't reneg after the elections in November.
  • WTF
  • 07-21-2014, 01:19 PM
You lose points for putting things off. This one should have been made in 2009. If it had then we would be getting the benefits now. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You dumb fuck....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offshor...Atlantic_coast
In accordance with congressional restrictions and presidential orders, no federal leasing has taken place on the offshore US Atlantic coast since the early 1980s. The federal government had scheduled a lease sale offshore Virginia, to take place in 2011, and in March 2010, US President Barack Obama announced his intention to open the Mid-Atlantic and South Atlantic planning areas to oil and gas exploration.[1][2] However, lease sale plans were cancelled in May 2010 following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. In December 2010, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar announced a ban on drilling in federal waters off the Atlantic coast through 2017.[3]

The first lease sale in the Southeast Georgia Embayment off the coast of Georgia and Florida was held in 1978.[22] Oil companies drilled seven wells, all dry holes
You dumb fuck....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offshor...Atlantic_coast
In accordance with congressional restrictions and presidential orders, no federal leasing has taken place on the offshore US Atlantic coast since the early 1980s. The federal government had scheduled a lease sale offshore Virginia, to take place in 2011, and in March 2010, US President Barack Obama announced his intention to open the Mid-Atlantic and South Atlantic planning areas to oil and gas exploration.[1][2] However, lease sale plans were cancelled in May 2010 following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. In December 2010, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar announced a ban on drilling in federal waters off the Atlantic coast through 2017.[3]

The first lease sale in the Southeast Georgia Embayment off the coast of Georgia and Florida was held in 1978.[22] Oil companies drilled seven wells, all dry holes Originally Posted by WTF
Dry holes are very rare today....
  • WTF
  • 07-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Dry holes are very rare today.... Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I knew you were in the closet....

You missed my point to JD Cornhole btw....the over priced janitor claimed Obama should have done something that he was doing but got shutdown by the BP blowout.

and in March 2010, US President Barack Obama announced his intention to open the Mid-Atlantic and South Atlantic planning areas to oil and gas exploration.[1][2] However, lease sale plans were cancelled in May 2010 following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico

You missed my point to JD Cornhole btw....the over priced janitor claimed Obama should have done something that he was doing but got shutdown by the BP blowout.

and in March 2010, US President Barack Obama announced his intention to open the Mid-Atlantic and South Atlantic planning areas to oil and gas exploration.[1][2] However, lease sale plans were cancelled in May 2010 following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico Originally Posted by WTF
I believe JD's point was Obama could have done it earlier, but found a reason not to do so.
Since everyone else was doing ok with offshore drilling, only BP needed to be excluded. We would be importing even less oil, and the leases would give the government more money, lessening the deficit.
Oil prices (Brent, anyway) were up today, maybe Obama should move the timeline up a little.
Speaking of DRY HOLES, JLHomo... How's your wife?
  • WTF
  • 07-24-2014, 07:21 AM
I believe JD's point was Obama could have done it earlier, but found a reason not to do so.
. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Yea.....like uncontrolled oil gushing out in the Gulf.

JD was just Obama bashing again. Nothing new there. Same old song and dance by JD.

Yea.....like uncontrolled oil gushing out in the Gulf.

JD was just Obama bashing again. Nothing new there. Same old song and dance by JD.

Originally Posted by WTF
If your illegal alien workforce would just walk to work and use non power tools like the Amish, maybe you would have some credibility on the issue of oil drilling. We need it and have to take chances drilling for it. BP paid for its mistakes. When are you going to remit the money to the IRS you have evaded paying through willfully and illegally misclassifying your exploited workforce?
  • WTF
  • 07-24-2014, 10:14 AM
If your illegal alien workforce would just walk to work and use non power tools like the Amish, maybe you would have some credibility on the issue of oil drilling. We need it and have to take chances drilling for it. BP paid for its mistakes. When are you going to remit the money to the IRS you have evaded paying through willfully and illegally misclassifying your exploited workforce? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Not my workforce...I only wish I had Bob Perry's wealth from homebuilding in Texas or Charles Butt wealth from HEB.

http://www.narbosa.com/2011/07/bob-p...elps-stop.html