It's good to be King!

• WTF
  • 07-23-2014, 10:36 AM
"This isn't true," a White House official told the Daily News Monday, shooting down the report.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz38JIOoxW6
I find it interesting that Democrats never want to return to the same state's they called home on the campaign trail.

Clinton's abandoned Arkansas. Obama deserts Chicago. Reagan and both Bush's returned home to California and Texas. Nixon returned to San Clemente. You have to go back to Eisenhower to find a REpublican president who abandoned his roots. Ike retired to a small farm on the edge of Gettysburg Battlefield and raised Angus cows.
The same white house that said the IRS scandal was the doing of low level employees in Cincinnati?

Why you believe anything this White House says is astounding.

"This isn't true," a White House official told the Daily News Monday, shooting down the report.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz38JIOoxW6 Originally Posted by WTF
If those photos are accurate, "the Service" would veto that deal.
  • WTF
  • 07-23-2014, 03:29 PM
The same white house that said the IRS scandal was the doing of low level employees in Cincinnati?

Why you believe anything this White House says is astounding. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
I am willing to bet that he will not buy that house. If he does, I quit posting for three months....if he doesn't you do the same.

The time frame is three months after leaving office or any time before in case he does buy that house.

Another nugget is that I do not remember boardman questioning GWB's money and how he came about acquiring it.

Were one to look into it, one could deduct it was made mostly off the backs of taxpayers...

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issue...shstadium.html

Briefly, here's what happened on the Ballpark deal. Bush and his partners in the Rangers convinced Arlington officials to: Pass a half-cent sales tax to pay for 70% of the stadium; use the government's powers of eminent domain to condemn land the Rangers couldn't or didn't want to buy on the open market; give the Rangers control over what happens in and around the stadium; and allow the Rangers to buy the stadium (which cost $191 million to build) for just $60 million. Finally, after 12 years as the sole occupant and primary beneficiary of the stadium project, the Rangers, a privately owned business, can take title to the most expensive stadium ever built in Texas for the $60 million worth of rent and upkeep they will have already paid the city.
I thought the love birds were settling in Hawaii after they ruin the country.
He might not close on it...it might not even be under contract in his name; but I wouldn't doubt it was in escrow as trust for him.....who knows, maybe Michelle might not like the layout.

I am willing to bet that he will not buy that house. If he does, I quit posting for three months....if he doesn't you do the same.

The time frame is three months after leaving office or any time before in case he does buy that house.

Another nugget is that I do not remember boardman questioning GWB's money and how he came about acquiring it.

Were one to look into it, one could deduct it was made mostly off the backs of taxpayers...

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issue...shstadium.html

Briefly, here's what happened on the Ballpark deal. Bush and his partners in the Rangers convinced Arlington officials to: Pass a half-cent sales tax to pay for 70% of the stadium; use the government's powers of eminent domain to condemn land the Rangers couldn't or didn't want to buy on the open market; give the Rangers control over what happens in and around the stadium; and allow the Rangers to buy the stadium (which cost $191 million to build) for just $60 million. Finally, after 12 years as the sole occupant and primary beneficiary of the stadium project, the Rangers, a privately owned business, can take title to the most expensive stadium ever built in Texas for the $60 million worth of rent and upkeep they will have already paid the city. Originally Posted by WTF
...who knows, maybe Michelle might not like the layout. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
You mean his bed is in the same end of the house with her bedroom?
I find it interesting that Democrats never want to return to the same state's they called home on the campaign trail.

Clinton's abandoned Arkansas. Obama deserts Chicago. Reagan and both Bush's returned home to California and Texas. Nixon returned to San Clemente. You have to go back to Eisenhower to find a REpublican president who abandoned his roots. Ike retired to a small farm on the edge of Gettysburg Battlefield and raised Angus cows. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
To be perfectly fair, Eisenhower as a career officer never had a home for any length of time before the White House. We have a GOP senator in Kansas who has not lived here since he was elected to office nearly 40 years ago. I have asked the question of his office that should he lose, where will he retire to; Kansas or his very nice house in Virginia?

Clinton's abandoned Arkansas. Obama deserts Chicago. Reagan and both Bush's returned home to California and Texas. Nixon returned to San Clemente. You have to go back to Eisenhower to find a REpublican president who abandoned his roots. Ike retired to a small farm on the edge of Gettysburg Battlefield and raised Angus cows. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Carter went home to Georgia, LBJ to Texas, right?

Briefly, here's what happened on the Ballpark deal. Bush and his partners in the Rangers convinced Arlington officials to: Pass a half-cent sales tax to pay for 70% of the stadium; use the government's powers of eminent domain to condemn land the Rangers couldn't or didn't want to buy on the open market; give the Rangers control over what happens in and around the stadium; and allow the Rangers to buy the stadium (which cost $191 million to build) for just $60 million. Finally, after 12 years as the sole occupant and primary beneficiary of the stadium project, the Rangers, a privately owned business, can take title to the most expensive stadium ever built in Texas for the $60 million worth of rent and upkeep they will have already paid the city. Originally Posted by WTF
ssshhhh.... small government and lower taxes ya know...
You don't expect Obie to retire to the crime ridden town of Chicago do you?
You don't expect Obie to retire to the crime ridden town of Chicago do you? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I was thinking Ramy-Rummy would have it cleaned up in time, but Obaminable wants to get closer to his "roots" .... than Chicago. Not sure about Michelle.