You don't have a right to know...

Do you agree with Eleanor Holmes Norton that we don't have a right to know what our government is up to?

During a House investigation of the IRS (plus misuse of government resources) and debate over a White House aide refusing to testify because of some bullshit executive discretion position (the man works for the PR people) Norton, who doesn't vote, said that the House (and that means us) has no right to know what the White House is doing. In other words, the House does not have the right to demand answers. Her democratic sidekick from Georgia agreed with her. Elijah Cummings has made a career of using his marches in the 60s to get elected to office. He is also the congressman who had a swastika painted on his own campaign office door to solicit interest in his reelection a few years ago.

So do you agree with this dynamic duo, or do we have a right to demand answers, to inquire, and to know what our [free, open, and transparent] government is up to?
Yes, we do have the right to inquire in most cases. Even the secret stuff should be reviewed by competent and trustworthy opposition.
What was in area 54?
What was in area 54? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Other than conspiracy theorists, who cares?
I see that only one leftist has the nerve to deny the story.....and he doesn't understand it.
It is an astounding quote; but not surprising. With her own party in power, and at risk of losing power, she defends the indefensible with such a pronouncement.

The American left is a scary bunch............I hope we can survive the next 2 years.
Other than conspiracy theorists, who cares? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I see that only one leftist has the nerve to deny the story.....and he doesn't understand it. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
The stealth aircraft was developed there.
Ladies and gentlemen, EVA the village idiot!

Ladies and gentlemen, Judy the village idiot!

Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Nice pic of you and the family Judy..
So easy...
I see that only one leftist has the nerve to deny the story.....and he doesn't understand it. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Deny what story?

That she said, “You don’t have a right to know everything in a separation-of-powers government, my friend. That is the difference between a parliamentary government and a separation-of-powers government,”?

All your bullshit aside, do you have the right to know everything?

Of course not. Why would you think you do?
Other than someone reminding you that you don't?
What was in area 54? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Are you referring to Area 51? Oh yeah. That's right, your hero thinks there are 57 states, so no wonder you got it wrong.

Are you referring to Area 51? Oh yeah. That's right, your hero thinks there are 57 states, so no wonder you got it wrong.

: Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
well at you at least knew the diff. LOL
well at you at least knew the diff. LOL Originally Posted by i'va biggen
And you didn't.
And you didn't. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yes I did , but some others (who set traps ) didn't LOL