discretion goes both ways....

I am in a situation that I think needs to be addressed. I don't know if it's ever been discussed; as I don't get on here that often or read many postings.

When it comes to your discretion, gentlemen, it is a major priority to me, and I'm sure the ladies out there would all agree, we are protective of all our clients. I, for one, would lie through my teeth to protect you from an angry wife/girlfriend. I don't know you...I just got this phone...bottom line, you are protected on my end.

Somewhere out there is a woman that is blowing up my phone from 6-7am to approximately 6-8pm almost every night dialing in on restricted. When she does choose to speak, I am being called every name in the book. She now has my name and location, which isn't a good thing. I'm in denial...trying to calm her and get a name so I can play the dumb blond role for an academy award. She will not listen, all I hear is obscenities then she quickly hangs up. This lady is Latina, she has an accent, and that's about all I can tell you.

I believe all the ladies out here will agree with me, that discretion should go both ways. Please, please, hide our numbers, whatever you have to do not only to protect yourself but us as well. Our privacy is being jeopardized and allowing us to be harassed. I know some ladies out here are married and/or have children, and this isn't something that anyone should have to be subjected too.

Thank you for your time and for listening to a rather unpleasant situation. Please think about how easy it is to access information. If your lady thinks something is up, she is going to look...
  • dcarr
  • 10-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Agreed...
Agreed! That is No good! I have 2 providers in my cell.... Both hidden as secondary numbers to customers of mine. Best of luck Heather!
Thank you Heather for addressing this. Good post!
Sorry to hear that. I think I've mentioned more than once on other threads 'Google Voice'. Free and worth every penny.

There should an FAQ for newbies out there somewhere on how to protect yourself and the lovely ladies. I know I've got years of tricks that have come in handy. Most people don't realize how easy it is to find information nowadays.
Heather....I just made an observation. In reading this post I got curious and checked out your showcase and read your showcase sample reviews. In your showcase I notice you removed your phone # because of this incident. However, the number (if it is the same one) is on all three reviews.

Just thought I'd mention it in case you'd like to do something about that.
THANK YOU DR. FEEELGOOD! LOL...LOVE THE HANDLE!

I'VE SINCE PURCHASED ANOTHER PHONE WITH A NEW NUMBER, JUST TRANSITIONING OVER AND IT WILL BE HISTORY ONCE ALL MY REGULAR CLIENTS HAVE CONTACTED ME TO GET THE NEW NUMBER.

APPRECIATE THE OBSERVATION....XXX OOO
Agreed! thanks for addressing this issue...
(For my fellow hobbiers...for everyone's safety) You really should have a hobby phone that doesn't go home with you if you have a significant other. There are tons of different pre-paids or use Google Voice...but do something. IMO
No problem Heather
Hobby Phone, Hobby Phone, Hobby Phone.
Hide it so can't be found or will obviously not be yours if found.

PRIVATE e-mail.
I have had this e-mail address since ....well...1999.
One person who now is a member of ECCIE is the only person who was not a provider that could ever have connect me with silver91999@yahoo.com.
Well what I'm about to say is gonna be a shocker to some you of you especially the providers. I don't know if you all know this but I believe there's an app on them Iphones and you can do reverse searches on the phone number that calls you just to see who it really is. The phone number I have on here is my hobby phone. I go and buy minutes for my phone so therefore it's not traced. There's no name to my phone. Therefore I recommend everyone to get a hobby phone and make sure there's no name to it. My cell phone is prepaid so prepaid cell phones don't have names to them. I'd rather be safe than sorry anyways. I know some you gentlemen are married and I know if your wife is calling my phone I would play stupid of course and act like I don't know what they are talking about. But anyways I've always wondered about that Google voice and really interested in it. Thanks JohnnyBax for the info on that. I will be checking it out shortly!
THANKS FOR THE INFO ON GOOGLE VOICE....I'M GOING TO CALL MAJESTY AND HAVE HER WALK ME THROUGH IT. (COMPUTER STUPID HERE...)

AND THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR COMMENTING ON THIS THREAD, I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO ADDRESS. APPRECIATE ALL THE ADVICE AND COMMENTS.

MUAH! XXXX OOO XXX
  • dcarr
  • 10-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Hmmm, may have to check out google voice myself. What appears on the receiving phone when you call? Does the number appear or can you use your user name, it doesn't say private number does it?
goog voice is what I use. works beautifully