Hey JD. Our Gun Shows are Gun-free Zones

I was looking at upcoming activities at the local show center and noticed a gun show for this weekend. Due to one of our recent threads, I clicked on the link and discovered that the place is a gun-free zone during the gun show. So much for the argument that people don't go to gun shows to kill others because of all the people there with guns.

Per the ad:

You may bring your gun to the show – it must be unloaded, checked by the Police Officers at the entrance, and tied with a plastic tie. NO EXCEPTIONS – including concealed carry permit holders, the show is posted as such in accordance with Texas laws.
  • WTF
  • 08-03-2014, 10:38 AM
You can't make this shit up!
I was looking at upcoming activities at the local show center and noticed a gun show for this weekend. Due to one of our recent threads, I clicked on the link and discovered that the place is a gun-free zone during the gun show. So much for the argument that people don't go to gun shows to kill others because of all the people there with guns.

Per the ad:

You may bring your gun to the show – it must be unloaded, checked by the Police Officers at the entrance, and tied with a plastic tie. NO EXCEPTIONS – including concealed carry permit holders, the show is posted as such in accordance with Texas laws. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Where is the Gun Show being held at? Usually gun shows are held at venues where public events are featured like civic centers, Public auditoriums places like that. They are typically " Gun Free Zones" anyway by virtue of the city ordinances. Police are present on the scene and monitor patrons like any other event. Venders also keep a close watch at their booths to make sure patrons who purchase Firearms at the show aren't intending to load a firearm or are handling them in an unsafe manner. I've been to a few Gun Shows and I've never seen anyone behave in a manner which would be cause for alarm.

Jim
  • WTF
  • 08-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Where is the Gun Show being held at? Usually gun shows are held at venues where public events are featured like civic centers, Public auditoriums places like that. They are typically " Gun Free Zones" anyway by virtue of the city ordinances. Police are present on the scene and monitor patrons like any other event. Venders also keep a close watch at their booths to make sure patrons who purchase Firearms at the show aren't intending to load a firearm or are handling them in an unsafe manner. I've been to a few Gun Shows and I've never seen anyone behave in a manner which would be cause for alarm.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
That is like saying you can't bring pussy to a whore convention
That is like saying you can't bring pussy to a whore convention Originally Posted by WTF
You always manage to say something totally ignorant.

Jim
  • WTF
  • 08-03-2014, 11:53 AM
You always manage to say something totally ignorant.

Why have an unloaded gun Einstein?

What fucking good is that?

You missed the irony of the OP.

It is like our Texas Legislatures arguing that we should be able to carry on school campus but then deny access to carrying in their chambers.

I have no idea if the Cedar Park Center is a gun-free zone during all events. Nothing stated on their website.

But you are missing the point. JB and other gun rights advocates keep telling us that the reason that gun shows are not targeted by the mass murderers is because they wouldn't want to go into a place where so many people are armed. In this case, there would be less resistance than a convenience store or McDonalds.

Very ironic in my opinion.
I have no idea if the Cedar Park Center is a gun-free zone during all events. Nothing stated on their website.

But you are missing the point. JB and other gun rights advocates keep telling us that the reason that gun shows are not targeted by the mass murderers is because they wouldn't want to go into a place where so many people are armed. In this case, their would be less resistance than a convenience store or McDonalds.

Very ironic in my opinion. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Ok so I missed your point, lol. Yeah maybe it's a little ironic that a Gun Free Zone sign would be on the door at a gun show. But ya have to realize the true meaning of a Gun Free Zone it pertains to guns loaded and in battery in possession by a person going into a public place. Guns at a gun show are unloaded not being in possession by anyone and tethered down on a display table so maybe that's the loophole.

Jim
Yea, so... http://usgovinfo.about.com/blgunshow.htm#gun show

It was a accident... http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...o-2983792.html Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Try to understand the irony of it all.

Second, never said the killing of the father-in-law was anything but a tragic accident. Simply another ironic event.
Why have an unloaded gun Einstein?

What fucking good is that?

You missed the irony of the OP.

It is like our Texas Legislatures arguing that we should be able to carry on school campus but then deny access to carrying in their chambers. Originally Posted by WTF
How about you tell me. What would be the reason someone would bring their personal firearm to a gun show?

Jim

Per the ad:

You may bring your gun to the show – it must be unloaded, checked by the Police Officers at the entrance, and tied with a plastic tie. NO EXCEPTIONS – including concealed carry permit holders, the show is posted as such in accordance with Texas laws. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I think they have a different idea of what a gun free zone is. For most people it means no guns allowed, there are guns at a gun show (if you went to one you would know that) and there is ample amounts of ammunition (if you went to a gun show you would know that too). Hardly what I would call a gun free zone. Now a no loaded weapons zone that I can understand, accidents and all.

I'm sorry but that is not irony but just a touch of ignorance on the subject manner. I have also been to science fiction conventions where participants came with real swords, knives, and axes. They were required to have a peace bond on them (tie wrap so the could not draw the weapon).

So once again, that is not a gun free zone and it is the same at any convention in Kansas or Missouri. I would bet that in about five minutes you could have several hundred armed, locked and loaded convention goers if major trouble broke out. Also lot of off duty cops, military people, national guardsmen, FBI people and private security types. Like I said, you should really go to one and look for yourself before you make another bordering on stupid post.
  • WTF
  • 08-04-2014, 07:45 AM
How about you tell me. What would be the reason someone would bring their personal firearm to a gun show?

Same reason they bring their personal firearm to a school or movie.

. I have also been to science fiction conventions where participants came with real swords, knives, and axes. They were required to have a peace bond on them (tie wrap so the could not draw the weapon).
. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
JD, that does not surprise me in the least, what does surprise me is that you are dumb enough to admit to going to that shit!

Wait....maybe that shouldn't surprise me either!
Same reason they bring their personal firearm to a school or movie.

JD, that does not surprise me in the least, what does surprise me is that you are dumb enough to admit to going to that shit!

Wait....maybe that shouldn't surprise me either! Originally Posted by WTF
Wrong, try again. This time think logically instead of like a liberal dupe.

Jim
  • WTF
  • 08-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Ok so I missed your point, lol. Yeah maybe it's a little ironic that a Gun Free Zone sign would be on the door at a gun show. But ya have to realize the true meaning of a Gun Free Zone it pertains to guns loaded and in battery in possession by a person going into a public place. Guns at a gun show are unloaded not being in possession by anyone and tethered down on a display table so maybe that's the loophole.

Jim, the sign pertains to bringing in your own loaded personal gun....something the folks at gun shows claim to be safer than not carrying. Do you really not see the irony in that.

That would be like our Governor arguing that we should be to have permits in public places , yet not in say the State House....oh wait , that is in fact how they operate. You can not take you concealed gun inside the statehouse. Yet they argue for them to be carried around schools.