Hobby Phone

I'm not understanding why a Hobby Phone can not be linked back to me. Do I not have to use a credit card and my SS number and legal name to get one??
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/the-fut...-3-easy-steps/

Cannot say how many "cell phone stores" there may in your area, but in San Antonio I know of at least half a dozen, just by driving around town.

Plus, many unlocked and simple to complex phones can be bought off e-bay, other sites; just Google "used cell phones for sale" in your area.

Not to be obtuse, but I have purchased several used phones (sim card technology) over the years as "back-up" phones in case either of my primary (personal or hobby) phones breaks.

sim cards have the capability to interchange with another sim card enabled phone, so you continue to use the original phone's cell number; most sims can also hold up to 250 contact phone numbers so you don't lose use of those when swapping phones. Greater capacity sim cards are out there, but I haven't heard of any sims capable of hold info beyond that associated with contacts. Such as photos, texts, etc.
Thanks, most helpful CK!
I usually buy a Tmobile and pay as you go. Buying refill cards at gas station. No, cards or SS number needed
There are also apps that act as a burner on your current phone and give you a different number.
Great ideas, all of you and thanks!!
Wal-Mart trac-fone and cash. $15 bucks for a phone and $25-30$ for a card, it's just a basic phone for calling & texting and the minutes usually double. No personal info, and if you really want privacy you can setup the phone from a public computer. Total plausible deniability, that's the name of the game especially if you have an SO to worry about. And if you need to burn the phone your out only $40 or so.
Thanks Bigbeard, from a fellow New Yorker.....long ago...
No problem always happy to pass on any of the helpful info that I have learned from here, that's what is all about anyway. And at least you were smart enough to get out while the getting was good, I'm looking forward to being able to do the same down the road, but it will still be awhile unfortunately.
No problem always happy to pass on any of the helpful info that I have learned from here, that's what is all about anyway. And at least you were smart enough to get out while the getting was good, I'm looking forward to being able to do the same down the road, but it will still be awhile unfortunately. Originally Posted by bigbeard
Never too late, brother! Never too late!