The Four Agreements...

I figure after tonight...this post fits.

The Four Agreements

1.)
BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORD
a. Speak with integrity.
b. Say only what you mean.
c. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself OR TO GOSSIP ABOUT OTHERS.
d. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.

2.)DON'T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY
a. Nothing others do is because of you.
b. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream.
c. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3.)DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS
a. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.
b. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness AND DRAMA.
c. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4.)ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST
a. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick.
b. Under any circumstances, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgement, self-abuse and regret.
  • CS25
  • 08-29-2014, 04:52 AM
SweetCara...nicely stated. After reading another of the topics in this forum, your four agreements are a good read for all and for reminding oneself of how to maintain proper relationships.

Only thing I might've added under the first agreement is the Golden Rule of Feedback:
Praise in Public, Censure in Private.

If there is something that you wish to ask of or state to someone else of a personal nature or that might cause a negative or unknown reaction, it is best to do so directly and in private. A PM could suffice for that purpose.
Very well put darling!
Maybe throw in - have a few cents worth of common fucking sense, before you open your pie hole!
Nice post...#3 Especially

Col. Boyd would be proud of that.

He would be more harsh in stating those mission objectives. But it would get to the same destination as this message.
This thread is front page worthy!
And how many people here actually follow one, let alone two or more of those in their life?

Flowery sentiments are worthless...
but parades are ok?
Sure...as long as you realize I may shit all over it...
but parades are flowery too like sentiments. elephants are in parades shit or no shit. must i connect all the dots?
I'm not too good at #3.

But do my best with the others.

At work, #4 is defacto
but parades are flowery too like sentiments. elephants are in parades shit or no shit. must i connect all the dots? Originally Posted by HammockedHank
Uh...yeah...you're going to have to...
Its SUPER hard to follow those agreements.... but you gotta start somewhere!!
2.c. ....i like that one a lot