Dust in the Wind for Bo Porter

Didn't see that one coming. Just now hearing that he & Luhnow did not get along. Must have been pretty bad to fire him with just a month to go in the season. That or he stormed into the front office and demanded "If Case goes, I go!"
Crane has to pay out the rest of the contract. Thinck of it as a paid vacation.
I'm not sure why they felt they had to do this now. It's a piss poor and poorly run "organization" that doesn't want to pay thier players comprable salaries.
They should name Altuve manager. He does everything else for them. Of course he'd have to give up his other job of jockey at Sam Houston Race Park.
Shame about Porter. Looked like players were responding to him. He'll end up on his feet.This may blow back on GM if his plan doesn't work on rebuilding organization.
I'm not sure why they felt they had to do this now. It's a piss poor and poorly run "organization" that doesn't want to pay thier players comprable salaries. Originally Posted by ramblinman69

Remember McLain ran down the organization prior to selling. Crane is an idiot and just wants to be an owner and reap profits. But the talent is triple A so the payroll is very low.
Crane is a cheap prick.
That being said, business is business.
The bullshit about the network and no TV coverage for most of Houston killed me.
Fuckem all!
July 31st...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/transact...houston-astros Originally Posted by Wakeup
Did that trade piss off Porter? Is that what got this all started?
That, and not signing your number one pick from the draft...he went over Lunhow's head to Crane about those things and that's what got him fired...
  • bbkid
  • 09-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Did that trade piss off Porter? BIG TIME! Is that what got this all started? Originally Posted by strongbad
That, and not signing your number one pick from the draft...he went over Lunhow's head to Crane about those things and got to the point that he wouldn't even talk to Lunhow. Originally Posted by Wakeup
Right or wrong, you've got to support your boss by at least working with him.
They should've fired the idiot who can't sign his draft picks.
  • bbkid
  • 09-02-2014, 09:32 PM
They should've fired the idiot who can't sign his draft picks. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
A whole lot of truth to that statement, my friend!