I Quit

not smoking. Just a little. I've never really been a non-smoker, since age 12 or so. I love tobacco, but unfortunately not every time. If you smoke(d) you know what I mean. You end up smoking so many you don't enjoy.

Right now it's 1-2 a day. That's okay, even sustainable, in health terms, I think. But eventually it will get up to half a pack and reset to zero. In part because they're so expensive in our tax happy land. If I get to the Carolinas this fall I load up on a carton or five. At 1-2 smokes a day, five cartons is nearly a year. And the Seneca cigarettes are tasteless, God bless the effort boys, but they just don't cut it. I'm smoking Newports 'cause I can give 'em to the lady if I need to 'void the temptation.

Cigars are nice too. I went on a cigar kick for a few years. Still an investment, and the care of cigars, both before and after purchase is paramount. I discovered a friend of mine had a couple dozen good cigars sitting in an unmanaged humidor still wrapped in plastic. Idiot. But cigars are such a commitment; you don't step out for a five minute cigar. And you get smelly faster.

When I smoke too much and don't exercise, my lungs hurt. Then they'll taste bad and I'll cease being an active smoker again. But never a non-smoker. Right now I'm in that sweet spot where the smokes I have taste good and I actually get that little nicotine buzz.
Try the e cigs.
I quit five and a half years ago.
Haven't had a puff since.
(Because I know one puff would lead to right back to two packs a day).
It doesn't bother me if a hoo...err.. provider smokes, or even if they smoke in front of me.
In fact....
I do enjoy a second hand smoke every now and again...
I quit five and a half years ago.
Haven't had a puff since.
(Because I know one puff would lead to right back to two packs a day).
It doesn't bother me if a hoo...err.. provider smokes, or even if they smoke in front of me.
In fact....
I do enjoy a second hand smoke every now and again... Originally Posted by Paulwantsya
A trigger for me has been smoking with the smoking provider to not taste the smoky kiss. That's brought me back.

But plasticman, who is we? And what thread can't this we say that about.?

Fucking vapers.
Originally Posted by Plastic Man
http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1081344

Nor did we but we still supported this for how long?

JC, having never been a smoker I honestly have no clue how hard it it to quit, but have seen many friends attempt only to start back full note again. I wish you luck and hope you can kick this habit!!
http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1081344

Nor did we but we still supported this for how long? Originally Posted by rodeomann22
jealous how ...based ...plastic man is?

...or ya jus totally

JC, having never been a smoker I honestly have no clue how hard it it to quit, but have seen many friends attempt only to start back full note again. I wish you luck and hope you can kick this habit!! Originally Posted by rodeomann22
Whoa man, back it up, I'm no quitter! I made a play on words for this thread but cradle to grave it's free smoke as far as I'm concerned!

Good luck starting. Try some Kools.
Whoa man, back it up, I'm no quitter! I made a play on words for this thread but cradle to grave it's free smoke as far as I'm concerned!

Good luck starting. Try some Kools. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
Ok, well got me JC, and not starting at all, not my thing, but since you are no quitter, enjoy
I have have to agree with pyra that e-cigs are pretty good. I have smoked for a while and now only smoke at work or when out for drinks. When I am home all I do is some an ecig and it does curve the urge. good luck on quitting.
Ok, well got me JC, and not starting at all, not my thing, but since you are no quitter, enjoy Originally Posted by rodeomann22
He could always snip off them pesky filters too enjoy better cigs full flavor!!!....
I quit smoking cigs 12 years ago or more. Then after 6 or 7 years starting smoking cigars, not real smart lol especially inhaling the cigars on a regular basis. About 4 years ago now I said enough was enough when breathing and hacking became a issue. I threw them away and have been smoke free since. So Johnny keep up the good work, stick it out, trust me you will feel better for it! Now as for the drinking........
I also quit teaching reading comprehension and a few other things...
I quit a 3 pack a day habit 4 1/2 years ago. Sucked on an atomic fireball every time I wanted a cig. Six months later I was cured!