WTF, NPR fired Juan

• WTF
  • 10-21-2010, 04:36 PM
What a crock of shit and this coming from a semi loyal listener. And reporters wonder what has happened to the moderates. For Christ sake you can't even tell the truth any more. This PC crap has gone overboard.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpps/new...02110_10211829

Ok end of rant
Didn't like Juan very much, nor did I like Rick Sanchez. But both got screwed. Jon Stewart said as much (about Sanchez) last night on LKL. Terrible conduct on the employers' parts.
  • WTF
  • 10-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Sanchez was a vagina and Juan is like a Uncle Tom half the time on Fox News but I agree both got screwed.

Jon Stewart is the only SOB that can tell the truth on the news anymore. All the other newscasters cater to their set audience and only tell them what they want to hear.

Its hard to watch any news any more. I quit, I say, I quit!
NPR= National Politically-Correct Radio
Funded by the US government and George Soros.
...Juan is like a Uncle Tom half the time on Fox News Originally Posted by WTF
What juan were you listening to? Juan is so far up Obama's ass, that if Barack tok a shit on the desk, Juan would explain why it didn't stink.

Jon Stewart is the only SOB that can tell the truth on the news anymore.
Well he is a comedian. Its not like truth is required for that role. Just funny.
I listen to NPR as well. I will not be donating to their beg-a-thon this weekend.I would say Juan is a moderate liberal but no uncle tom.This does prove that NPR is libral.....
PS..If my former boss were to insult me AFTER firing me I would kick his ass, the ceo of npr acted like a bitch.
I don't know exactly what he said, but if the headlines and lead paragraphs are correct, I don't think he got screwed. That's what you get for endorsing racist ethnic profiling, not to mention perpetuating the right wing myth that all Arabs are terrorists. Even if he believed that sort of shit, he ought to know enough not to say it in public.
I don't know exactly what he said, Originally Posted by TexTushHog
You're right. You don't have a clue what he said, and the headlines you've been reading are, no doubt, lame stream media headlines that have the same agenda as NPR. Juan got screwed. But my guess is he'll get the last laugh: multi million dollar law suit, and the NPR losing it's tax payer funding. By the way, WHAT IN THE F..... IS OUR GOVERNMENT DOING FUNDING THE NPR?
Basically Juan said, the Amish dress the way they do to identify as Amish and it scares him a bit, except he really was talking about Muslims. I don't care for the PC label, as it sometimes minimizes repugnant behavior, but can't they suspend before firing? PS...I've often wondered how a brother gets the name Juan?
If you wanna fire a guy for working both sides of the street...fine. Firing him for what he said on the other side of the street...when you KNEW he was over there...is beyond the pale on the ridiculous meter.

For all of the hand-wringing that gets done around here on the death of this freedom...or that...the death of an independent 4th Estate is the death of liberty.

Just my $.02....and, yes, I CAN make change for those who wish it!!
Jon Stewart is the only SOB that can tell the truth on the news anymore. ! Originally Posted by WTF

This explains a bunch about WTF over the years....his trusted news source is broadcast on Comedy Central....

• WTF
  • 10-22-2010, 06:30 AM

This explains a bunch about WTF over the years....his trusted news source is broadcast on Comedy Central....

Originally Posted by atlcomedy

Politics is one comedy of error after another. You think Sean Hannity or Keith Oberman are serious news commentators? You need a comedian to make fun of those clowns and the clowns that they parrot. Being PC and not calling out people for saying idiotic things will get you an idiotic nation. As witnessed by what happened to this forum before it was this forum.
The deal is that NPR did not want Juan and a double standard. He is supposed to be an unbiased journalist. Opinions are personal and you can't be a paid employee of 2 masters.

I recall under during the Bush years he was let go from Talk Of The Nation for being too liberal.

2% of NPR funding comes from the Federal Government. There is some money also given to local stations to help out. 84% of the money comes from fund raising twice a year. If you listen during this time and hear who helps out it is a cast of Drs, lawyers, corporations and individuals.

I agree that he should have been terminated and I have never felt there was a bias in their reporting. Robert Siegel gives anyone interviewee a thorough testing liberal or conservative.
  • WTF
  • 10-22-2010, 06:47 AM
The deal is that NPR did not want Juan and a double standard. . Originally Posted by catnipdipper
Really? Could you please show me just one person, forget reporter, in the whole wide world that is not biased.

NPR is full of shit just as Fox and not admitting their own bias. Though in Fox's case I think Rupert is winking at us with that fair and balanced crap on his way to the bank. NPR believes their unbiased crap. We are all biased in one form or other, usually in our own ecenomic intrests.

The deal is that NPR did not want Juan and a double standard. Originally Posted by catnipdipper
They perpetuate a double standard to get rid of one. How enlightened.
why is it a firing offense to say that muslims on your plane make you more concerned than a grandma in a wheelchair on your plane does? is stating the truth of how you feel more wrong than harboring your biases and letting them come out in what you cover and how you cover it and the questions you ask and lying as the main stream media has for the longest time?

what the npr lady said was way more slanderous than what juan said, about his psychiartrist as if there is something with 75 percent of the world.

if juan had said that he went to a tea party rally and he saw a bunch of wild looney weirdos carrying scary signs and he felt uneasy...do you think npr would have fired him for that?

it is becasue of fox, in additon to pc.