Bobby Jindal calls on Obama to restrict air travel to contain Ebola

So lets say I am in Africa and I want to come home. They cancel my flight. So I get one to some other place or drive/walk. What stops me from getting home?
The only way to control it would be to link every Visa that has been anywhere near a Ebola patient in every Country on the planet. There would be no way to do that. It would be no different than if other Countries said no one in America can fly to their Country because we have an Ebola patient.
I too am concerned that we are gonna have an epidemic but I don't see a good answer yet.
Laughable. Just like Rick Perry rushing to Dallas for a press conference after the Ebola dude turned up. Another White House poser trying desperately to appear "presidential" by commenting on something he has zero input or say-so about.
So....your for letting people infected with Ebola to enter this country freely?

I'm not surprised...ya'll let everyone else in too.

And let them vote.
Laughable. Just like Rick Perry rushing to Dallas for a press conference after the Ebola dude turned up. Another White House poser trying desperately to appear "presidential" by commenting on something he has zero input or say-so about. Originally Posted by timpage
As opposed to the real President, President Obama, who said it was "unlikely" that Ebola would hit our shores less than 3 weeks ago and put the country at risk by issuing an EO allowing people with Ebola in?

Gov Perry has a lot of say as to what goes on in the state.

You're the poser.
Jindal is a fucking clown. More intelligent than Perry, but not nearly as big a panderer...he's just trying to get in on the Ebola party before a perry and Cruz hog the stage.

Perry leads Texas' parliament of whores.
You people really want to let people with Ebola into the US? Really? Amazing.
You people really want to let people with Ebola into the US? Really? Amazing. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yeah, those ignoramuses are anxious to show the world how Odumbocare works for **unregistered dim-retards**!
As opposed to the real President, President Obama, who said it was "unlikely" that Ebola would hit our shores less than 3 weeks ago and put the country at risk by issuing an EO allowing people with Ebola in?

Gov Perry has a lot of say as to what goes on in the state.

You're the poser. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I'm not running for POTUS you knucklehead......and Perry is a fucking clown, just like you.

Here, straight from what I am certain is one of your primary "news" sources.....the real story about the EO I presume you are referring to.....what it actually does is allow the detention of those folks. This RWW article is, of course, critical of Obama not because it allows folks with Ebola into the country but because it allows the indefinite detention of those people. So, which is it Gonad? And, by the way, even if what you claimed is true, tell me why you think an EO would be necessary to allow people with Ebola into the country? As usual, you're an idiot.

>>>>>As the Ebola outbreak continues to cause concern, President Barack Obama has signed an amendment to an executive order that would allow him to mandate the apprehension and detention of Americans who merely show signs of “respiratory illness.”
The executive order, titled Revised List of Quarantinable Communicable Diseases, amends executive order 13295, passed by George W. Bush in April 2003, which allows for the, “apprehension, detention, or conditional release of individuals to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of suspected communicable diseases.”
The amendment signed by Obama replaces subsection (b) of the original Bush executive order which referred only to SARS. Obama’s amendment allows for the detention of Americans who display, “Severe acute respiratory syndromes, which are diseases that are associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, are capable of being transmitted from person to person, and that either are causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic, or, upon infection, are highly likely to cause mortality or serious morbidity if not properly controlled.”

Although Ebola was listed on the original executive order signed by Bush, Obama’s amendment ensures that Americans who merely show signs of respiratory illness, with the exception of influenza, can be forcibly detained by medical authorities.
Although the quarantining of people suspected of being infected with the Ebola virus seems like a perfectly logical move, the actual preconditions for this to happen aren’t restricted to just those suffering from the disease.

As we highlighted earlier this week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has measures in place for dealing with an outbreak of a communicable disease which allow for the quarantine of “well persons” who “do not show symptoms” of the disease.

In addition, under the Model State Emergency Health Powers Act, public health authorities and governors would be given expanded police powers to seize control of communications devices, public and private property, as well as a host of other draconian measures in the event of a public health emergency.

When the legislation was introduced, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons warned that it “could turn governors into dictators.”
Yesterday it was reported that Emory University Hospital in Atlanta was set to receive a patient infected with Ebola. A hospital in Germany also accepted an infected patient earlier this week. Some critics have raised concerns about the risk of deliberately importing infected individuals into the west.
You people really want to let people with Ebola into the US? Really? Amazing. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I know it's bothersome, but let's review the facts on this, shall we?

1. The only persons who have been knowingly allowed into the US who have been infected with the disease are the healthcare providers who contracted it while treating others with the disease. Those folks have been quarantined and successfully treated. Are you against that?

2. The other case wasn't knowingly allowed in, he lied about his physical condition and symptoms and was allowed on a plane. Anybody want to comment on how that legally could have been prevented? Or, how that is Obama's fault, as stated in Gonad's moronic posting?
Maybe Perry can trade all the HPV vaccines he bought for the Ebola ones and save us all!

I guess this where I could use Teaparty logic and say since Perry is in charge of Texas it is all his fault we have it now.

Not to worry because he also said this.

"This case is serious. Rest assured that our system is working as it should. Professionals on every level of the chain of command know what to do to minimize this potential risk to the people of Texas and this country,”
Maybe Perry can trade all the HPV vaccines he bought for the Ebola ones and save us all!

I guess this where I could use Teaparty logic and say since Perry is in charge of Texas it is all his fault we have it now.

Not to worry because he also said this.

"This case is serious. Rest assured that our system is working as it should. Professionals on every level of the chain of command know what to do to minimize this potential risk to the people of Texas and this country,” Originally Posted by slingblade
Yes, I needed his dumbass at a press conference wearing his metro-sexual intellectual new spectacles to tell me that.....it just makes me feel all safe and warm because the man who is incapable of remembering what departments of government he wants to dismantle is on the job.

Laughable.