Download/Upload speeds

I have att uverse; paying for a mid-level internet service package (Max+?). Using speedtest.net i have about 15.3 mbps download and 1.9 upload speed. Is that adequate for moderate internet usage - netflix streaming, internet radio, etc? I don't do heavy gaming.

With uverse I get a lot of disruption in service; more than I had with att broadband service. very annoying.
Uh yes, you should be fine. In fact, you should be well over 5 times more capable of downloading/streaming than most upstream hosts can/will stream to you (IE, you can probably watch netflix, download windows updates, start a torrent session, and still have enough bandwidth to go do something else.)

But as you mentioned, it isn't the link speed when everything is working - consistency counts too!
Actually U-verse speeds are misleading. I tried U-verse for a year, and will never go back because it's "laggy".

If you're the only person in the house, you can watch a movie, download VERY sparingly while watching said Netflix movie.

AT&T's rated speeds are very touchy and with the wrong blend of traffic you can really bog it down, especially if you also have U-verse TV.