Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review week 10

What is Waco Kid's Weekly College Football Review? It is an ongoing weekly review of all things College Football!!

Each week upcoming games can be discussed and predictions made, name-calling after victories and general all-around college football discussion! Each week will be closed out by the next Monday and a new thread opened for the current college football schedule for each week.

Rules -
"Rules?? We don't need no stinkin’ rules!"
Actually we do.

WKWCFR rule 1
"Lies, damn lies and statistics!"
British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli

If you quote a stat, record, 3rd down conversion rate, an all-time mark or the number of jock straps an 85-man team needs ...
Post it! If you can't post a link to it, it's bogus!
What's valid in the Internet age? Just about anything! Any of the major sports publications, local newspapers, any of the big networks and official school and NCAA sites just to cover the big ones.

WKWCFR rule 2
Predictions must be posted 1 day in advance! If you haven't read the sports page and figgured out who's going to win by the day before ya never will!
Must be time stamped before Midnight the day before game-day, for any weekly games Thur-Sun on the current weekly schedule.

So there you have it, pretty basic! You can post on general topics of your favorite teams regardless of that week's opponent. Just remember WKWCFR rule 1

Polls

Thursday

No. 20 Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech, 7:30 p.m.

Saturday’s Games

No. 1 Oregon vs. Washington, 3:30 p.m.
No. 2 Boise State vs. Hawaii, 3:30 p.m.
No. 3 Auburn vs. Chattanooga, 1 p.m.
No. 4 TCU at No. 6 Utah, 3:30 p.m.
No. 5 Alabama at No. 12 LSU, 3:30 p.m.
No. 7 Wisconsin at Purdue, Noon
No. 9 Nebraska at Iowa State, 3:30 p.m.
No. 10 Stanford vs. No. 13 Arizona, 8 p.m.
No. 11 Oklahoma at Texas A&M, 7 p.m.
No. 14 Missouri at Texas Tech, 8 p.m.
No. 15 Iowa at Indiana, Noon
No. 16 Michigan State vs. Minnesota, Noon
No. 17 Arkansas at No. 18 South Carolina, 7 p.m.
No. 19 Oklahoma State vs. No. 22 Baylor, 12:30 p.m.
No. 23 North Carolina State at Clemson, Noon
No. 24 Florida State vs. North Carolina, 3:30 p.m.
No. 25 Nevada at Idaho, 5 p.m.
Thursday

No. 20 Virginia Tech vs. Georgia Tech, 7:30 p.m.

didn't have time to make a pick but would have gone for Va Tech anyway .. and they pulled it out.

GA Tech 21 20 VA Tech 28Va Tech was down early 14-0 then got it rolling, scoring 21 in the 4th quarter and sealing the deal Beamer style with an interception to end the game as Ga Tech tried to tie the game.
No. 1 Oregon vs. Washington, 3:30 p.m. - Oregon

no way the duckies get peed on by the flea-ridden huskies, better days may be ahead for the huskies, but not today. Ducks swim .. er roll.

No. 2 Boise State vs. Hawaii, 3:30 p.m. - Boise State

Whoa! this game is for the undisputed lead in the WAC! who would figure Hawaii .. Hawaii .. would be 7-2 with losses only to USC and Colorado (please explain that!) but they are and they can wreck the smurfs' bid for another undefeated year. got to go with the smurfs at home.

No. 3 Auburn vs. Chattanooga, 1 p.m. - Auburn

LOL please, Aubie's dream doesn't end here. this is a real paycheck game, no Va Tech shocker here.

No. 4 TCU at No. 6 Utah, 3:30 p.m. - TCU

the absolute best game of the day! one unbeaten goes down! got to stick with the best team in Texas this year - Go Froggies!!!

No. 5 Alabama at No. 12 LSU, 3:30 p.m. - LSU

the second best game of the day. I'll roll the dice and go with Lester and Mikey to win.

No. 7 Wisconsin at Purdue, Noon - Wisconsin

Keep that big Mo going Badgers .. Badgers?? we don't need no stinkin' loss now!

No. 9 Nebraska at Iowa State, 3:30 p.m. - Nebraska

Bugeater's QB will play, and Nebraska wins. won't need the 'ol Billy Barou this week Judge, save it for later.

No. 10 Stanford vs. No. 13 Arizona, 8 p.m. - Arizona

Hmmm. is Stoops 2 ready to take down Harbaugh? they beat Iowa who took down Sparty .. so i'll pick a mild upset for the home team - Arizona. btw Arizona QB Foles returns .. just in time!

No. 11 Oklahoma at Texas A&M, 7 p.m. - Oklahoma

Sooners still have a chance at bigger things, just watch out for A&M's new QB, Stoops.

No. 14 Missouri at Texas Tech, 8 p.m. - Missouri

tempted to give Red Raiders the nod here but Tubby has not picked up the defensive pace at Tech so i'll go with Mizzou's offense on the road to win.

No. 15 Iowa at Indiana, Noon - Iowa

Capt. Kirk torched Sparty last week, given that impressive win (i called it!) i'll stay with Iowa .. this week.

No. 16 Michigan State vs. Minnesota, Noon - Michigan State

Sparty got torched last week but they get a perfect feel-good against hapless Gophers.

No. 17 Arkansas at No. 18 South Carolina, 7 p.m. - Arkansas

battle of the offensive super-minds here, can Boss Hogg school the 'ol Ball Coach? yep.

No. 19 Oklahoma State vs. No. 22 Baylor, 12:30 p.m. - Oklahoma State

this should be an offensive showcase, but edge to Gundy and his gang, they have more weapons. do me proud cptjohnstone!

No. 23 North Carolina State at Clemson, Noon - North Carolina State

Wolfpack are surging and they eat up the tigers.

No. 24 Florida State vs. North Carolina, 3:30 p.m. - Florida State

Jimbo can't afford two straight losses. Free Shoes U not back yet but getting there.

No. 25 Nevada at Idaho, 5 p.m. - Nevada

Wolfpack were early season darlings, now they need to keep surprise season going.
SDSU gets a win this week and cracks the top 25!

this should be an offensive showcase, but edge to Gundy and his gang, they have more weapons. do me proud cptjohnstone

yes they have some talent but we have more and our defense really came arround vs KSU

this should be an offensive showcase, but edge to Gundy and his gang, they have more weapons. do me proud cptjohnstone

as I said in the other thread, a butt kicking #1 in the South and looking for revenage againt NU
SDSU Fight Fight Fight!

7 wins. Top 25 here we come.

Hell is freezing over in college football land. UT may not be bowl eligible and SDSU is 2nd in the Mountain West. Hopefully they can put up a fight against TCU.
Looks like CPT is going to get a rematch with the children of the corn in dallas if they take Bedlam. For gods sake, everybody beating horn but the Bugeaters....
No. 1 Oregon vs. Washington, 3:30 p.m. - Oregon

no way the duckies get peed on by the flea-ridden huskies, better days may be ahead for the huskies, but not today. Ducks swim .. er roll.

Washington 16 1 Oregon 53Ducks look as strong as any team in the country right now. I'll pick them as eventual BCS title winner.

No. 2 Boise State vs. Hawaii, 3:30 p.m. - Boise State

Whoa! this game is for the undisputed lead in the WAC! who would figure Hawaii .. Hawaii .. would be 7-2 with losses only to USC and Colorado (please explain that!) but they are and they can wreck the smurfs' bid for another undefeated year. got to go with the smurfs at home.

Hawaii 7 2 Boise St 42Smurfies can do no wrong and they still get bumped. They beat a surprising Hawaii team easily. Just keep winning Smurfies.

No. 3 Auburn vs. Chattanooga, 1 p.m. - Auburn

LOL please, Aubie's dream doesn't end here. this is a real paycheck game, no Va Tech shocker here.

Chattanooga 24 3 Auburn 62Aubie still controls its own destiny. Bama game looms huge, Tide can still be major spoiler and give Boise St and/or TCU a way in the big game.

No. 4 TCU at No. 6 Utah, 3:30 p.m. - TCU

the absolute best game of the day! one unbeaten goes down! got to stick with the best team in Texas this year - Go Froggies!!!

4 TCU 47 6Utah 7U GO Froggies! Statement game here, TCU gets an edge over Smurfies as best non-BCS team .. so far.

No. 5 Alabama at No. 12 LSU, 3:30 p.m. - LSU

the second best game of the day. I'll roll the dice and go with Lester and Mikey to win.

5 Alabama 21 12 LSU 24good week to go all in with Lester. Mikey roars! LSU seems to be improving as season goes, keep it up Mikey plenty to play for!

No. 7 Wisconsin at Purdue, Noon - Wisconsin

Keep that big Mo going Badgers .. Badgers?? we don't need no stinkin' loss now!

7 Wisconsin 34 Purdue 13Badgers get a strong win, another serious 1-loss player, Roses are within reach, maybe more.

No. 9 Nebraska at Iowa State, 3:30 p.m. - Nebraska

Bugeater's QB will play, and Nebraska wins. won't need the 'ol Billy Barou this week Judge, save it for later.

9 Nebraska 31 Iowa St 30Bugeaters QB did NOT play and it didn't matter in the end. Gutsy call by Iowa St. Bo did the right thing to sit Martinez, Bugeaters need him for the stretch run.

No. 10 Stanford vs. No. 13 Arizona, 8 p.m. - Arizona

Hmmm. is Stoops 2 ready to take down Harbaugh? they beat Iowa who took down Sparty .. so I'll pick a mild upset for the home team - Arizona. btw Arizona QB Foles returns .. just in time!

13 Arizona 17 10 Stanford 42Went down with Stoops 2, no Iowa repeat. Jimmy H posts impressive win.

No. 11 Oklahoma at Texas A&M, 7 p.m. - Oklahoma

Sooners still have a chance at bigger things, just watch out for A&M's new QB, Stoops.

11 Oklahoma 19 Texas A&M 33Didn't really think A&M could get this done unless they started hot and never let up .. they did. Big Game Bozo joins Nicky & the Tide as early outs for the big glass ball.

No. 14 Missouri at Texas Tech, 8 p.m. - Missouri

tempted to give Red Raiders the nod here but Tubby has not picked up the defensive pace at Tech so I'll go with Mizzou's offense on the road to win.

14 Missouri 17 Texas Tech 24Tech wrecks Mizzou, Tubby shows signs of life after the Pirate in Lubbock.

No. 15 Iowa at Indiana, Noon - Iowa

Capt. Kirk torched Sparty last week, given that impressive win (i called it!) I'll stay with Iowa .. this week.

15 Iowa 18 Indiana 13Capt. Kirk nearly lets big win over Sparty get him ambushed by Hoosiers. Lack of offense is Iowa's weakness.

No. 16 Michigan State vs. Minnesota, Noon - Michigan State

Sparty got torched last week but they get a perfect feel-good against hapless Gophers.

Minnesota 8 16 Michigan St 31Sparty gets back on track with patsy Gophers. Roses also in reach for Sparty .. or more.

No. 17 Arkansas at No. 18 South Carolina, 7 p.m. - Arkansas

battle of the offensive super-minds here, can Boss Hogg school the 'ol Ball Coach? yep.

17 Arkansas 41 18 S Carolina 20Went 2-1 going with the coach. Boss Hogg gets it done. Razorbacks can't win the West now but have good shot at strong bowl bid.

this should be an offensive showcase, but edge to Gundy and his gang, they have more weapons. do me proud cptjohnstone!

22 Baylor 28 19 Okla St 55Weapons indeed, cowpokes made this look easy now finish and take Bedlam and rematch with Bugeaters is yours.

No. 23 North Carolina State at Clemson, Noon - North Carolina State

Wolfpack are surging and they eat up the tigers.

23 N.C. St 13 Clemson 14did i say surging? not. Still NCSt. is a having a mildly surprising year, with ACC title game possible.

No. 24 Florida State vs. North Carolina, 3:30 p.m. - Florida State

Jimbo can't afford two straight losses. Free Shoes U not back yet but getting there.

UNC 37 24 Florida St 35Yep Jimbo can't afford a loss and he takes it on the chin. Feel the heat now FSU.

No. 25 Nevada at Idaho, 5 p.m. - Nevada

Wolfpack were early season darlings, now they need to keep surprise season going.

25 Nevada 63 Idaho 17Good bounce-back for Wolfpack here. Keep after it NV finish a surprising year strong.

22 Baylor 28 19 Okla St 55 Weapons indeed, cowpokes made this look easy now finish and take Bedlam and rematch with Bugeaters is yours.

that is what the players are saying, they want a rematch
725 yards of offense, wow