OK... Guys... It has been suggested that a few of us might be considered "rude, crude and socially unacceptable".... Lacking in class and culture.... So what do we do about it?

The idea was floated that we partake in some event designed to enlighten us and groom us in a more proper manner....

So....

With that in mind.....

The Austin Hobbyist Sunday Brunch Group is being formed.....

The idea being that we partake in a more socially acceptable event with a weekly lady willing to "proctor us".....

I have been ASSURED... that if a few of us were to decide to have Brunch some Sunday.... that along with excellent food, champagne, company and conversation.... as well as an opportunity to be tutored in some of the social graces we are lacking....

that it could be a more fun filled afternoon than sitting at home watching sports and scratching our balls.... Ya never know who we may run into!

Drop me a PM or email if you are interested.....
Sounds interesting. I'll try it.
  • PeAcH
  • 11-05-2010, 01:33 AM
Socially unacceptable! I don't believe it!

Well.. maybe I fall under that category..
Maybe a hobbiest can take a provider under his wing?

I think I am going to take a lead for all us big guys here and ask.........

Would this be All You Can Eat? I hope so, I have an issue with the servings sizes of some of these brunch & champagne places...

sixx
  • Vyt
  • 11-05-2010, 07:42 AM
*offers to lecture Peach in wine tasting*

(Note, this will require quite a bit of wine. Practice makes perfect.)
Four Season, here we come....
  • ztonk
  • 11-05-2010, 08:17 AM
This sounds like an excellent idea! I, for one, am constantly being chastised by the ladies for my lack of class and sophistication. Tutoring might be the answer!
Count me in.
  • unagi
  • 11-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Whispers, is this a joke? What sort of social graces would we be tutored on. I could probably take some lessons from Spohie, but I know my way around a salad fork and a butter knife pretty well already. I also know to put the napkin in my lap and not in my shirt.

Sounds a little obnoxious for someone to suggest this to you.
Whispers, is this a joke? What sort of social graces would we be tutored on. I could probably take some lessons from Spohie, but I know my way around a salad fork and a butter knife pretty well already. I also know to put the napkin in my lap and not in my shirt.

Sounds a little obnoxious for someone to suggest this to you. Originally Posted by unagi
It happened while I was putting my Filet Migon between halves of my Biscuit and garnishing it with some salad.... I think Sixx just held his steak by an end and chomped his way through it....
It happened while I was putting my Filet Migon between halves of my Biscuit and garnishing it with some salad.... I think Sixx just held his steak by an end and chomped his way through it.... Originally Posted by Whispers
OK, well, that is a breach, and quite uncouth, I must say.

Perhaps a little tutorial will do you and Sixx some good.
aw c'mon, everyone knows you're supposed to put the steak on a stick to eat it. It's not like we're dealing with high class here.
  • PeAcH
  • 11-05-2010, 12:15 PM
I think I'm with the guys on this one.. a fork is a fork. I will use it how I see fit!
Isn't couth something a girl calls another girl when they are really mad at them?
  • yeesh
  • 11-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Just so we're clear-

When finishing a meal, one should wipe their mouth with the napkin BEFORE blowing their nose in it...?