SNL, funny?

SNL was funny back when it first started and in the '80s and even the early '90s. What the hell happened to it? I watch it occasionally but I don't even feel like laughing. They really try though but they don't have that element that made it funny
It went corporate years ago. Every now and then a real talent will emerge. I thinck Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were the last two.
SNL still airing new episodes? I stopped caring about that show back in 199-something. They need to give it up; those faceless, no name "comedians" aren't funny. Last time I watched it seemed they were trying to tell me what's funny; instead of just being funny.

I was so bored I just did a wikipedia search of the cast. What the hell is a Kristen Wiig, Jason Sudeikis or a Bobby Moynihan? You know the show isn't funny when Kenan Thompson is your resident black person. UGH!
I admit that the last time I laughed while watching SNL was when Charles Barkley was the host. Not hilarious but it was kind of funny
SNL targets the 18-30 year old. I suspect it stopped being funny when we left that demographic.
SNL targets the 18-30 year old. I suspect it stopped being funny when we left that demographic. Originally Posted by slowmover
I'm 26 and I still can't find that shit funny.
I remember watching the first SNL episode, vaguely. Bill Murray, John Belushi, Gilda Radner and Jane Curtain were so funny. Some of the newer cast members (Tracy Morgan) are downright anti-funny. I just don't watch it anymore.