Database error

The last few reviews I've tried to write I've had problems. After I write the review and click on the preview tab to look it over for errors the site takes a long pause the opens a Database error page then when I hit the return button it brings me to a blank review page...all the info I entered into the page is gone.

I had it happen twice trying to write the same review and it just happened to me right now.

Also I've noticed it is taking a lot longer to navigate between pages.

What's up with the site? Am I doing something wrong?
  • YoHou
  • 12-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Site has been in the shits for a few days now so it's nothing you're doing. BTW, if you use firefox/chrome (hope it's not Internet Explorer) go get the addon called Lazarus. If that DB Error cleared your review draft then it could be restored easily right clicking lazarus and restoring the draft. Helps too if browser crashes and you lost your form data that you had filled in.

Saved my ass many times when I'm writing reviews and power cycled due to bad weather.
It's definitely not just you. There have been lots of site issues lately. I couldn't log on for over an hour yesterday and it took me about 20 tries today.
Thanks...I'm using IE...But I have both other browsers so I'll try Firefox and look for the add on.
It's not an issue with your web browser or computer at all.
Eccie has shitty host servers.
Overall this website needs major repairs.
I know a great web developer that can help out with the issue but it's expensive.
Glad to see this, it's hard to work when this site is messing up all the time, I thought it was just me.
I have found that the Database Error page that pops up is directly proportional to the posts you try to make. The longer your post and the closer you are to posting it, the greater chance of seeing "Database Error"...
I have found that the Database Error page that pops up is directly proportional to the posts you try to make. The longer your post and the closer you are to posting it, the greater chance of seeing "Database Error"... Originally Posted by Prolongus
This may be the case but it didn't used to be this way. I hope it get fixed.
  • YoHou
  • 12-18-2014, 05:43 PM
I have found that the Database Error page that pops up is directly proportional to the posts you try to make. The longer your post and the closer you are to posting it, the greater chance of seeing "Database Error"... Originally Posted by Prolongus
I got the error for an hour and just from launching the browser and visiting the page. No posts were made or replied too.
Since there is no "save as draft" routine, probably best if you are crafting an extensive review to simply copy the review template into a word or word pad document, fill in the blanks, craft the ROS, and save the lot.

Then open the new review form and start cutting and pasting. A bit of clunker, but at least you don't have to recreate anything from scratch.
  • YoHou
  • 12-18-2014, 08:25 PM
Since there is no "save as draft" routine, probably best if you are crafting an extensive review to simply copy the review template into a word or word pad document, fill in the blanks, craft the ROS, and save the lot.

Then open the new review form and start cutting and pasting. A bit of clunker, but at least you don't have to recreate anything from scratch. Originally Posted by ck1942
Or you can install the Lazarus addon/extension for your browser and it autosaves all your forms you fill out. When shit like that happens you can restore it.
Yep. I made a one-word post today and got the database error.
Used to be an early-morning (6 EST) issue but is occurring more frequently.

I got the error for an hour and just from launching the browser and visiting the page. No posts were made or replied too. Originally Posted by YoHou
I write ROS on email, cut and paste. So whenever it happens it's not catastrophic.
As far as Lazarus, not everyone uses a PC or laptop.