our military in action

I served as a member of the US Army in Germany many years ago. I was on duty one evening at an old "Nike" missle site in Mannheim Germany. The Nike missles were used as an air defense weapon and it was a very strange weapon system, the slightest change sometimes in temperature or even static electricity might set one off. And well thats what happened one night, what a site to see this huge missle rise up and go off into the night, fortunately no one was hurt.

I came across the following link and wanted to share this. The Navy of course says it was not their missle. Yea right, and Oswald acted alone and there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and Anna Nichole Smith married for love:

http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/ar...Clink4%7C24338
Early days of the Minute Man program -- Dignitaries brought into view a launch in Montana and the launch doors would not blow! (Launch doors were massive concrete slabs over the silo which were attached to cables and powered by solid rocket motors).

Three days of "technical difficulties" before we towed the doors off the silo with very large missile transport tractors and did the demo.

And, yes, I painted gravel green in Montana to "simulate" grass . . .

B2Flyer
ICBM from a submarine eh?

Maybe it was just the filming of Hunt for Red October part 2.